Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladder of cHaOs Challenge Thread

Default The Ladder of cHaOs Game Report Thread

This thread is for posting savegames and reports for matches only. The Challenge Thread has moved here Please keep extraneous conversations to the appropriate threads. For ladder rules, see here.

If you are not already registered to play in the ladder, you may do so at any time. Simply add your name to the spreadsheet.

To challenge another player, visit the spreadsheet to see a list of registered players. Post in this thread a challenge to your opponent, and you will be assigned a savegame to play. Your ALO scores will be updated at the end of each match to reflect your victory/defeat.

Please be aware of the time constraints imposed on you for playing a match. If for whatever reason you will be unable to play matches for a period of time, please set your Opponent to "Unavailable" on the spreadsheet. Otherwise challenges issues to you will result in defeats if you do not respond. The tournament will run from March 14 to April 30 inclusive, and the highest ranked player at the end of this will be declared victor.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-18-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I will put up a few savegames over the next little while so that the first few challenges can get started right away. Please take the savegames in the order in which they appear, one pair per save.

[edit]Since we're all tied in ranking at this point, the person who issues the challenge will get to play first. In future games, the lower ranked player will.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-14-2011 at 03:07 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Here are the first 4 PCs. Please choose them in order.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, then Ilsekko, I challange thee!

We both chose to play locally, so it won't be a problem.

And he must accept my challange, doesn't he? And if I understood the rules correctly, I start.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Should active players register on the second page of the sheet? (I did, but many other people didn't) Or do we use that page for anything?

Well lets get this started.

Gut - Speedgod of ADoM I challenge you to a duel. Saved games at dawn!

Since I am the 2nd challenge, I guess I use the 2nd saved game.

Assuming Gut accepts (At this point I think its mandatory according to the rules I will start on match2)
    Last edited by Deg; 03-14-2011 at 11:00 AM.

My turn is done. Didn't do anything mad or even chaotic. Now we are on I:4, not bad equipment, nice stats, a bit low on hp, but nothing serious. I didn't use prayers. More information below.

Code:

#######
                                                       #.....#
                   #####################################.....###################
                   #......./.../...../................*/................./.....#
                   #..@....#####.....#############.#####.....#############.....#
                   #.......#   #.....#           #.#   #.....#           #.....#
                   #####.###   ###/###           #.#   #######           #######
                       #.#       #.#             #.#
                   #####/#   #####.###############/#####             ###########
                   #.....#   #......./........./.......#             #.........#
                   #.<...#   #.......###########.......###############.........#
                   #.....#   #.......#         #......./............./.........#
     #+#           #######   #########         #.......#########################
     #.#                                       #.......#
     #.#########################################.......#
     #........................................./.......#
     ###################################################

Match1        St:17  Le:15  Wi:12  Dx:18  To:10  Ch: 7  Ap:18  Ma:16  Pe:17 N=
    DV/PV: 36/5    H: 18(40)      P: 12(12)      Exp: 5/1541        I4    M: 1000
    Satiated Coward
    Code:
    T2: entered ID. Char is a Salamander-born gray elven fighter. Great Dx, good St (15!) and Le. 10 To will be a bit of problem, but could be worse. Inventory is good, we started with a (+2, 1d8) long sword and a [+4, +0] small shield. We have a potion of extra healing and elven bread as well. Good start, good chances. Downside is that we need plenty of xp to advance levels. I'll drop our gold - we don't need it at all - so we won't get cursed by hags/black wizards.
    T7: picked up a broadsword.
    T16: goblin dropped a spear. I'll use it for the DV. (It's (+1, 1d8), not cursed.)
    T34: picked up a light cyan potion.
    T77: found stairs. Descended.
    T80: found a purple potion.
    T146: scroll labeled 'HcUo' found.
    T190: found downstairs. Descended again.
    T207: advanced to level 2. We can increase 4 skills. Chose Find weakness, Athletics, Dodge, First aid.
    T218: stairs found again, but I decided to spends some more time on the level.
    T274: scroll labeled 'HITME' found.
    T366: advanced to level 3. Skills: Athletics, Find weakness, Dodge, First aid. Talent: Hardy.
    T374: scroll labeled 'IAZNAB' found. I realised how well our 17 Pe serves us.
    T497: advanced to level 4. Skills: Athletics, Find weakness (x2), First aid.
    T503: found 7 rocks. Now some missile training.
    T592: found a medium shield.
    T616: as nothing interesting remained on the level, descended.
    T623: stairs again, but I'll explore the level.
    T649: we are getting hungry. No food besides the elven bread. Didn't eat it yet.
    T656: muscles feel stronger. Nice.
    T679: now we have a sling as well. Simple (+0, +1), but can be useful.
    T688: uhh... booby trap on door. Sling and 'HcUo' scroll burned, I'm on 9 Hp.
    T692: thrown rocks skills level 1.
    T794: ok, we are starving now, so I have to eat.
    T859: advanced to level 5. Skills: Athletics, Dodge, Archery, First aid. Muscles feel stronger.
    T865: found a spider bread. Not the best, but still it's food.
    T934: scoll labeled 'FROTZ' found.
    T961: only one door remained on the level, but I won't risk another explosion. I'm standing on the stairs, but won't go down. I heal a bit and try to identify some items.
    T1000: 'BANZAI' scroll asked for selecting an item, but did nothing, probably it was scroll of repair. 'HITME' was scroll of defense, now our elven chain mail is [+1, +5]. 'FROTZ' was scroll of light. The medium shield is a regular [+3, +1] one, not cursed. I left the small shield in our hand. Nothing else happened. I don't know about monsters on the level, they're unlikely to be dangerous. I left a single rock on the ground, if you really need it, you can  pick it up. We are satiated and we have 18 Hp now.
    It's your turn, Ilsekko. Good luck!

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

###################################################
                             #................................./........./.....#
                           ###.###############################.#.|.....###.....#
                           #...#                             #.#.......# #.....#
       #####################.#####                 ###########.#.......# #######
       #..........................                 #...../.....#.......#
       #.........#####.#####.#######################.....#######.......# #######
       #.........#   #...........@................./.....#    .........# #.....#
       #.........# ###.#############################.....#     #####/#####.<...#
       #.........# #...#                           #.....#         #.# #./.....#
       #############.###                           #######         #.###.#######
               #.....#                                             #.....#
         #######.#####                                             #.#####
         #.....#.#                                               .....
         #...>.#.#                                               ###...
         #...../.#                                                 #..
         #########                                                  #

Match2        St:12  Le:17  Wi:11  Dx:15  To:15  Ch:14  Ap:13  Ma:19  Pe:12 N+
    DV/PV: 13/5    H: 33(33)      P: 18(18)      Exp: 3/391         I4    M: 1000

Code:
    Deg's Match2 Notes
    T2: Put on our heirloom item SLB's
    T47: Stole a viscous potion from an orc
    T60: Find some ring mail
    T100: Goto I2
    T135: Find wand of monster creation
    T160: Find scroll of balance
    T180: Level up a impressive 7 skill improve: Raised Dodge(x2), First Aid, Music, Pick Locks, Pick Pockets(x2)
    T300: Goto I3
    T341: Kobold was nice enough to give us a bow and some arrows
    T372: Found glass amulet
    T392: Found magenta potion
    T586: Our gaint racoon leveled up after killing a clawbug. Gnoll gives us a girdle
    T618: Orc drops a wooden ring (Not dmg or slayer), non-cursed
    T764: Level up, Dodge, Music, Pick Pockets, Pick Lock, First Aid, Literacy(x2), Talent taken Hardy
    T775: Find downstairs, tired of waiting for the racoon so I am ditching him
    T1000: On ID4, nothing to report on the level, found the downstairs, no known monsters left alive.   
    Your turn Gutomatic. Good Luck!

JellySlayer, have at you! I challenge you using Match3!

Do you accept, are shall you be a cowardly cur?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I accept. You're to play.

[edit]You should have been faster. We could have had a rematch on the bard. I think Match 3 is a pretty good PC though.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-14-2011 at 07:29 PM.