Hi all,

Im back again

As mentioned in the subject I have been playing nethack solid for the last few weeks and I actually after much reading and thinking tactics managed to ascend. Nh is the first roguelike ever that I have managed to ascend without save scumming. The thing is I was honest and said I scummed in Adom for learning purposes now while the game was still fun I have changed opinion(U turned) in that I now realise save scumming does ruin game

Its been suggested to me by people on nethack irc that I would get more out Adom by not scumming so Im going to learn to play without scumming. (Im interested to know how many people realistically can/have completed/played this game with no scumming nor borderline cheat/exploits?

If it can be done via game knowledge and skill and done so consistantly I want to non scum this game. (I love questing so it should top nethack, in fact I didnt see any good play in nethack until many tries of the game)

Im also looking for other roguelikes which are as awesome as Adom or as near as damned it and are deep. Any ideas? (I have played a few of the obvious choices) Theres a vampire roguelike thats a remake of some game, I am not sure whether to bother with it? Its so hard to find quest based roguelikes for one , never mind ones like Adom where the play feels very diverse , has world maps and is non grindy owing to good dungeon design

I liked Elona but it got to a point the grind was massive and you spent waaay to much time keeping fame down and some other significant annoyances.

Thoughts on any of this?