Thread: Progress thread for an ultra ending

Threaded View

Default Progress thread for an ultra ending

Hi guys,

I'm back to ADOM after several months and I think it's time for me to try to do my first neutral or chaotic ultra ending. I've never made a progress thread before, but this time I feel like it.

The char is a gray elven wizard. So far I've done druid dungeon, small cave + UD, CoC until Kelly, all Thrundarr quests, dwarven graveyard, pyramid, tomb of the High Kings and Darkforge.

• Interesting stuff obtained so far:

- Teleport control.
      - Fire resistance.
      - Acid resistance.
      - Shock resistance.

- Invisibility spell.
      - Strength of Atlas.
      - Fireball and Lightning ball.
      - Cure Light Wounds.

- Ironfist (I don't remember where I got them. It was early in the game).
      - Spear of penetration.

- Scroll of danger.
      - 4 Scrolls of Chaos Resistance (Dwarven Mystic provided).

• Interesting stuff missing:

- An Amulet of Life Saving for Kelly.
      - Teleport spell.

• Plan and questions:

- Pool sipping to seek a wish. I have 140k gold pieces. I think I'll raise my piety to 'very close' prior to pool sipping to remove an eventual Doom. Any more preparations required here?
      - I have 5 potential fodder artifacts (Crown of science, black torc, sword of Nonnak, Big Punch, Moon Sickle). I was saving the golden gladius as a precaution but since I can fetch the Galadriel phial at any time, I'm considering to get 'tactics' now. Any advice here?
      - I just got my first corruption: corrupted tissue. I'm not sure if I should remove it now using a SoCR. I'm afraid I might remove more corruption than I already have, since a blessed SoCR removes around 1.5 corruptions (as far as I know). What do you think?
      - Any other advice is welcome!

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

...                                     ...
        ##########...............   ....#              .......
       #..#.....[#...............   ....#..      #..........####  #..............#
     ###..#......#..............#####...#.       #..........#.....#..............###
     #....#......#..............#..!#.../        #..........#...../................#
    ##....#......#..............#...#...#        #..........#..&..#................#
    #.....#.....[#..............#...#...#        #..........#.....#................#
    #.....##/#####..............###/#...##########..........#.....#................#
    #.......................................................#######................#
    #...<.......................................................................>..#
    #..............................................................................#
    #........###/###.......####........................######/##...................#
    ##.......#.....#.......#.^#........................#.......#...................#
     #.......#.....#.......#..#........................#.......#...................#
     ###.....#@._@.#.......####........................#.......#.................###
       #.....#.....#...........................>.......#.......#.................#
       ###...#######...................................#########...............###
                 ..............................................................#
                  ##############################################
    Kiltirae      St:24  Le:24  Wi:21  Dx:23  To:22  Ch:12  Ap:15  Ma:26  Pe:16 N+
    DV/PV: 54/28   H: 158(158)    P: 204(204)    Exp: 19/497694     D: 10 M: 51346

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Kiltirae    St:24  Le:24  Wi:21  Dx:23  To:22  Ch:12  Ap:15  Ma:26  Pe:16
    N+
    DV/PV: 54/28   H: 158(158)   P: 204(204)   Exp: 19/497694   M: 51346

Background Information

Name: Kiltirae            Race: male Gray Elf       Class: Wizard
    Eye color: purple         Hair color: silver        Complexion: pale
    Height: 6'8"              Weight: 145 pounds
    Star sign: Cup            Birthday: 30/Cup (day 270 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
            Your parents belong to the nobility. They are rich, respected,
     wealthy and own more than they can count.
            As a child your parents cared a lot for you. Despite all
     circumstances you enjoyed a happy and fine childhood.
            During your youth you embarked on many small journeys to nearby
     towns on behalf of your parents. You learned to know lots of people and
     made many friends.
            Your young adulthood was characterized by hard and long work. You
     had decided to study under a renowned master. To your great disappointment
     you had to find out, that he was a hard, unjust and tyrannic man,
     embittered by his old age. Your apprentice years were quite terrible.
            You decided to become a Wizard.
    Last edited by quik; 02-12-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.