So I'm relatively new to holy classes, and I've taken a recent liking to gnomish priests. This particular character was doing very well, having pre-crowned twice obtaining the "Ironfist" gauntlets (str+7) first and "Skullcrusher" club second. I had an amazingly lucky start, finding both an amulet of life saving and a ring of djinni summoning as I found out after completing the first quest at dwarftown. I wished for pairs of seven league boots. I had just gotten Rolf's Companion in preparation to sacrifice it for a real crowning when I decided to store some of my extra seven league boots and amulet of life saving in the dwarven mystic room so they wouldn't get destroyed... I had teleported in just fine using the spell, but when I went to teleport out I confused "Ethereal Bridge" (teleport) with "Greater Divine Touch" (Death Ray, yeah, I know fml Idk how I confused them either). Long story short, my priest committed the ultimate sin and killed his dumb self.

Why does the game even have the option to shoot a deathray at oneself?! Arghhhhh!!!! Easily the best yet most disappointing start I've ever had. SIGH...