Started a new character after my lvl 43 dude named Dick Pound was brutally murdered. This new guy was a gnomish archer named Sir Douche. Had the "falling star killed the village elder" birth message, so that combined with the fact that he was a gnome made him level up incredibly quickly. Holy frick, seriously only took me like 15 mins to get to level 12. Unfortunately, I ended up getting trapped between a gray ooze and some other stupid monster in the small cave, so their levels were double mine or whatever. I also ran out of ammunition, so he died. A profoundly retarded decision on my part. However, I am actually kind of happy that he died because by the looks of it, this bozo never had a hard day or worry in his life:

"Your parents belong to the nobility. They are rich, respected, wealthy and own more than they can count.
As a child you lived through happy days. Your parents tried to ease your life as much as possible and gave you a lot of comfort.
As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value the treasures of nature.
Your life as a young adult was characterized by steady determination. Your goal lay ahead of you and you never strayed from your path. You decided to become an archer."

I wouldn't have felt right closing the gate with a snobby, entitled rich kid, so I consider his death as a win.

I am an asshole.