Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
Corpse effects, yeah right, you'll get an immense list, add to that they don't always stick, differ from status etc I tried a bit but after too much negatives instead went to not eating corpses which meant I often starved to death instead....
Agreed. Vast majority of corpse effects are bad. The ones that aren't still usually cause a net loss (only situationally helpful, and generally in a scummy/exploitative sense), or the result is unpredictable. Only a very few corpses should you eat unconditionally for the bonuses.

The game's depth to an extent can be considered a good thing since it (artificially?) increases the game's longevity, but honestly, there are other games and life is SHORT, should I be playing this when I'm 70? You can eventually pull off a victory just by playing a lot, getting lucky and/or choosing a class/race combo that is newbie friendly, but if you want to actually make your playthroughs more about strategy than luck, you need the knowledge that only spoiling, scumming, or a collosal amount of time investment can provide you , there's no other short-cut.

I do sometimes wonder if Thomas has unconsciously balanced the game toward spoiled players, as a community has built around that and its where the lion's share of feedback and observations come from. Two words I associated with gamma 8 were "easy" (relative to other adom versions, not other games of course) and "fun"...