Thread: Better pre-release testing

Threaded View

Default Better pre-release testing

The Steam launch seems to include at least two fairly common fatal crash bugs (thrown items and window focus, both now in the issue list). This is starting to generate some negative responses on Steam.

I love the game and I'm totally here to support - I funded the kickstarter, I bought the Steam game, I left a positive review... but frankly I'm a little embarrassed to be recommending a game with fatal crash bugs at launch. To the extent that I felt the need to include release stability as a caveat in my review.

I feel a little bad that I only got an hour of play in on the last release before Steam went public... but then as far as I can tell, we only had that version for two days before launch.

With Steam opening up the game to a demanding, paying audience, perhaps there should now be a better pre-release test system. Can we get a Steam test client like Dota 2 has? And honestly, I think any version should get at least a few weeks of play with a wide pre-release testing group before it's put onto Steam.

That's my 2c. I'm down to help.
    Last edited by shockeroo; 11-17-2015 at 10:33 PM.