Hi Guys

I played ADOM years ago, saw it come up on steam and instantly bought it. Funny how much you actually remember (and forget) when you play again.

My current issue is these damn avenging spirits, i cant remember ever having issues with them before and as it stands that probably means they weren't in the game when i last played.
What i want to know is just information regarding them. They always are ridiculously strong compared to me, and have the same speed which makes running nigh impossible. Besides the fact that i constantly get squished between them and another nasty.

Do they only spawn if i have the same name as previously dead characters? Do they spawn in locations where previous character(s) died? They seem to drain strength which is quite detrimental so early or was that a shadow? Im really trying to give a gnomish monk a go but these bastids find me in quest dungeons constantly. I did manage to escape 2/3 but Im sure theyve gotten me killed directly/indirectly at least 8 times now haha.

Another question is, is there a quicker way to reroll my star sign than quitting once in game. Find that so annoying.