Quote Originally Posted by Mr.PelicanPants View Post
i guess copyright's a deep discussion but i did lose respect for it after pharmaceutical companies sued african people for copying HIV medicine in multiple situations. for trying to stay alive? it's like telling your starving neighbor "i know you want to eat to live and all but that's not just any apple, that's a special jumbo red delicious i grew, so you need to pay up." they cared more about their share of the money and their exact pill version
Pharmacy is a business not a charity. Developing the 'pill' typically costs millions of dollars.

Like it or not in modern world medicine is developed primary by business, which is likely on the oil business level of profitability. B ut you can also evaluate point that, if medicine was primary developed by charities/government the mentioned pill would not exist at all. (If you think opposite, please list few modern medications invented by non-business model).

GB vs IGB is actually quite a lot of same. Decade ago GB was not abandonware (for record it is not copyrighted anymore). AW put in lots of time in sorting through guidebook improvement submissions/reports (some of them were pick pocket dragon/shake tree type) and actually checking stuff (submitting testable saves w as frequent request).

And.. Pavel kicks in copying GB (links and mentions about original appeared later on, I think under influence of Darren) and adding mostly code driven data (without any testing, backthoughts, etc) despite for everyone clearly understanding TB position on that.
You can call rgra/AW overreacting (copyrighting GB certainly was), but I think general direction was more than right.