Hello ADOM community!

After playing more than twenty years RPG“s like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Pillars of Eternity i recently stumbled upon ADOM.

As i am used to challenging stuff like no-reload, level-1-runs or even playing without any items i started with a Drakeling Monk using good old poverty. Except for quest-related-items he is using nothing more than bare fists and his Acid spit against aging or stat-draining monsters once i learned how evil their drains can be.

Going into ADOM more or less blind without guides was really tough and so far i have died dozens of times. From getting killed by the very first Bandit Leader or learning that the Small Cave can be a very dangerous place up to the problem that i am getting burned to ashes once i reach the Eternal Tower of Flames. However: With death lurking around every corner and thanks to my stubbornness the runs are still fun. At least most of the time.

My questions to the more experienced players around here are:

Is there any way to get my naked Monk through the Fire Tower or even through the lower levels of the Caverns of Chaos? As i have not yet found any thread about this one i assume that my poverty Monks will all be doomed. Are they?

Thanks for your help. May the fists of light be with you!