I'm playing a Grey Elf Archer, Crowned L+. I got True Aim as my crowning gift. I'm pre-ToEF. Early on a RoDS dropped, but I didn't have it identified so Khelly ended up dying. I ended up using it to wish for a Pair of Seven League Boots. I've completed the Water Temple. I found a sweet weapon, a Stone Axe of Devastation early on. Have a pretty cool Ring of Slaying. I haven't found any good armors yet, even after raiding Darkforge. I'm still wearing the Mummy's clothes. Here are some things that are bothering me:

(1) I don't have Teleportation Control. I'm not sure how to go about getting this. Just a few minutes ago I killed a blink dog by aiming an arrow behind it while wearing a Blessed Amulet of Order. I was thinking of scumming I3:I4 for blink dogs, but I'm really worried about the alignment hit. How viable is it to just keep targeting behind the blink dogs while wearing the AoO? The first one I killed didn't move me down from L+.

(2) I have no Waterproof Blanket. I guess this wouldn't be the end of the world, but there's a river right in the middle of one of the levels below the Water Temple. I have no Wands of Cold. I really don't feel like building a bridge across; I rather stop playing the character than build a fucking bridge. I don't want to drop my equipment off at the river then venture through the rest of the CoC without it.

Right now I have one Scroll of Magic Mapping, some potions of booze, and a Wand of Teleportation. At the beginning of the game I went into the SMC and leveled up twice. I haven't explored the UD yet. I feel like I'd *like* to get teleportation control, grab the blanket from the SMC, then dive the UD. Then I'll grab the RoI from the Dwarven Mystic. Not sure if that's actually a good idea or if I'm just autistically focused on doing the UD because I always do the UD.

I've also not played this game for a really long time, around five years now. Back then I did an ultra ending with most classes, but right now I'm just trying to get a gate close finish. I'm not really too familiar with the "new" areas like the Ice Queen. Not sure what areas I should be hitting before doing the ToEF. I've got some good dragon and demon slaying ammo. Not sure if I should be saving my SoMM and teleportation charges for the ToEF.

Anyway, I started sipping on the pools in Darkforge and right now I have the "What do you wish for?" dialogue up. Not sure what I should wish for. What would you do? I've currently got one corruption, the stilt leg corruption. I'm not sure if I should keep it. The bonus to energy costs seems good.