Wellllll I mis-remembered that there is a special level message! So when I got to the level of what I thought was my first kill and got no message, I said "hm I wonder if this is a character who had a different first kill" and kept descending. Oops!

So:
Guidebook indicates that sometimes Filk can be found in the wilderness. Any tips on making that happen? Does cursed/doomed help [as it does for maximizing other encounters]?

This character is having trouble in funny spots. Was aiming for scroll of omnipotence; accidentally killed a dwarf by one-shotting it while walking. Switched to aiming for Ultra ending, haven't yet seen a boar skull [at level 45 with all orbs].
After my mess-up, I continued descending to kill MaLaKaI for funsies. But I'm crowned N=, so I don't THINK there's any way for me to use that to enter the chaos plane.

I'm currently on ID66. Question is whether to (a) ascend and use some tricks to maximize likelihood of re-finding Filk, or (b) descend to get the Very Deep Dive achievement for ID 100, basically treating this character as a loss as far as Ultra endings go.

I did learn Wish from a tome (and have one djinni ring), so wishing options are available.