I've recently returned to ADOM after a long haitus, so my monster knowledge is quite rusty.

I have a very promising Dwarf Wizard character currently on UD:8, where a mixed vault was generated. Normally I give mixed vaults a very wide berth, but since an aligned altar was also generated on UD:8, I began cautiously exploring the possibility of sacrificing most or all of the vault denizens in hopes of a pre-crowning... well, that plan fell completely by the wayside when I saw it was not only a mixed vault, but an 'out of depth' mixed vault.

I have now 'kicked the hornet's nest', so to speak, and awoken a Hydra, Dark Elven Priestess, and a Gorgon. The first two are obviously dangerous for a level 10 PC, but they are also relatively straightforward in the threat they pose. I am more concerned about the Gorgon, which now stands directly between me and the exit to the HMV.

As a wizard, I have more tools at my disposal and perhaps a better chance of surviving than most low-level characters would, but I am still nervous, so I wanted to seek advice on the best way to proceed here. I don't care about getting a pre-crowning any more, I just want to escape from the UD alive. The tools I have available to me:

Invisibility Spell (Can Gorgons see invisible enemies? Will Gorgons breathe gas on an opponent they can't see?)
Darkness Spell (Same as above)
Lightning Bolt Spell
Magic Missile Spell
Ice Ball Spell
Wand of Acid (3 charges)
Wand of Webbing (12 charges)

I lack teleportation, petrification resistance, or a noteworthy speed or a noteworthy DV.