I play my characters in a rotational kinda system... I've never won but I've got 2 who are past the ToEF and have a real shot at winning. I used to have 3 until 15 minutes ago.

Anyway, I had this 26th level Necromancer, wielding Executor, and I was walking through D:39. There was a small room in the corner I wanted to explore, with a grey ooze near the door that I took out with no problem. The room was empty, and when I walked out there was another grey ooze.... the original one must have replicated. So I walked up to it and took it out with Executor.

But no! It was a stone ooze! They look nearly alike... argh! I slightly damaged it with my swing, and it proceeded to paralyze me and take me out in two rounds.

The character who just died scored over a million points. My second place character has 200,000. That's the quality of the character I just lost... I had taken out an Eternium Golem just 5 minutes before, and the Cat Lord 5 minutes before that.

All I hear about are Titans and the ACW and sometimes the Cat Lord. None of those things have ever killed me - why don't Stone Oozes get more writeup as being suck? 2 of my top 5 have been killed by them, and I've only ever killed one in return. I've never once been swung at by a stone ooze and not died.