Candle hurthling assassin. Quite possibly my worst death ever, in terms of stupidity versus how far I was in the game. Was on the ADOM server, so flg and game can be viewed at http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/aleph/

I had a pretty lucky game. Thrundarr asked me to kill a giant frog, I found 7LB while herb farming in the big room, and I found great armor throughout the game, especially my precrown, Protector (1st time I've seen it). I equipped a ring of doom to get the frog, and finish up my 20 outlaws. I decided to grab a giant boar skull while I was there though, and this started my run of bad luck. My weapon could barely injure the boar and I couldn't outrun him. I eventually became hungry, and I almost died while trying to eat. So I prayed...And instead of being healed I'm satiated. And I had to pray for food 4 or so times earlier when getting precrowned, so this wipes out the rest of my piety, and I have to down potions to survive. Then I went to the HMV, where Whirlwind was on sale. I bought it, then went to the UD to build my piety back up. On UD 6 or 7 there was a neutral altar which I tried to convert to L by saccing a goblin. All my gear poofs, including my 7lb. Everything but protector turns to dust. First time that's ever happened to me.

I try again. Same thing, though I only lose some cursed gloves. I'm guessing if you have 0 or negative piety your god can't or won't protect you. I hit DF, teleport to vault, and the best weapon I find is...Soaker. I clear graveyard, find a sword of sharpness, immediately lose it to an acid trap in the pyramid, and find 7LB and a RoDS in there. I return to the CoC, and finish Thrundarr's quests, and apparently I found a ring of weakness in the graveyard or somewhere. Finding a ring of weakness before you do the ogre cave = win. I only get a single point out of it though. How sad. I then zip back up to the top to grab some more herbs, and accidentally kill a cat after I pull him to another level to lock him away, and end up taking a swing while clearing out a room full of spiders. Boy, does that piss me off. I then rush to khelly, to hand in the AoLS before I can engage in further stupidity, like searching for and finding a tension room on the second level of the dh. Oh wait. Well, at least it wasn't full of ghost lords. I finally reach Khelavaster, hand in the amulet, get the loot, and I decide to chomp down on an ogre lord corpse I got moments before. Right after I put on my ring of weakness. I'm so excited from handing in the amulet that I forget to drop my crap. I should also mention that I'm a packrat.

"Sinistral, the hurthling assassin, was crushed by tons of luggage."