Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I guess DH...

Yeah, but, if the music took more than 8 or 9 turns to take effect (it probably would have, music skill of 13), it's likely I would have more holes in me (assuming unicorns use their horns to attack o.O) than swiss cheese. Even on coward they were "punching through my armor".

Retreat, train music, come back later?

To be fair, you have been pretty unlucky - coming across tension rooms of the white Us is really kinda unfortunate... only ever happened to me twice i think (first time of course on a temple level).

Happened to me once deep in the ID - I was shit-scared since I was aiming for an ultra. Managed to tame a bunch of them and escape, but the buggers kept reappearing in the wilderness. Dumped them all in the white unicorn's glade, so it looked like there were about a dozen Riurrys.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I remember reading someplace that fallen champions cannot get into the chaos plane

Yeah, they get instantly shredded trying to pass through the gate. As a fallen champion the best you can hope for is closing the gate.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Get magic mapping scroll from somewhere, teleport straight to stairs, continue. Preferably do it so that you won't need to get back up more than that one time. Just do something else for a while

I'm with vogonpoet and Ars on this one - go do something else for a while. Come back when you've got more Music skill and survivability.

Just curious, what DL can generate amulets of life saving? Any in particular? I'm thinking of trying an ultra (or at least just saving Kelly) in my next 'relatively successful' game.

Why? The DF pools got me two wishes very recently.

I believe amulets of life saving can be generated at any DL, but I'm not sure.

there were some calculations about it, weren`t it?