Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to help a newb?

Double Post!

Hey guys, I decided to make a dwarf Paladin! Check out this level I found. It had a tension room of wolves or werewolves? And a Vault of orcs! But the vault was strange cause it was a bunch of small rooms with hidden doors. I thought it was the tension room over and over! Anyways, wish me luck!
    Code:
                             ###############################################
                             #........................./........./......@..#
           ##############    #....(..#######.#########.#.........#####.>...#
           #..............   +.......#     #.#       #.#.........#   #.....#
           #.....<...###############.#######.#########.#.........############
           #........./...............[.......[.................../..........#
           #########################.#######/#########.##+#################.#
                             #...........# #.....#   #.##.#               #.#
               ###############...........# #.....#   #.##.#####           #.#######
           #####..........*/.&#37;...........# #.....#   #.#......#########   #..[....##
     #######..*#...........###...........###.....#   #......#..*[.....#   #.###....#
     #........./...^.......# #..........././.....#   #.#....##.######.#####.###...##
     #........*#...........# #####################   #.#.###########.....##..####(##
     #.......###...[.......#                         #*..# #......##.....###.##.[..#
     #.......# #############                         #[#####......*[.....###....####
     #.......#                                       #.##.........##.....[[[....#
     #########                                       #.#..##########.....###....####
                                                     #...##        ########........#
                                                     #####                ##########
    Rocko         St:17  Le:14  Wi:19  Dx:11  To:19  Ch:15  Ap:12  Ma:14  Pe:12 L
    DV/PV: 20/10   H: 91(99)      P: 25(25)      Exp: 9/16734       UD: 1 Sp: 86
    Satiated Strained
    Level 9 and I am only one level down into the UD! I haven't even done the Druid quest or the puppy level yet lol.

That's one of the possible vault layouts. I believe it's the only non-symmetrical one.
    "And light there be!"

Interesting! I liked that vault a lot! It was like going through a haunted house!

Rocko died! He had a short but very exciting life, involving hundreds of wolves, an Axe of devastation, and a tragic end!

Totally worth it though! =)

Hey guys, is there any place other people post their characters stories? I'd like to share this game with more people but not many people I know like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    Hey guys, is there any place other people post their characters stories?
    Check the YAVP and YASD subforums. There's also a hall of fame at adom.brinkster.net. People upload the log files for their winning or dead characters, often with thorough and fun to read stories.
    "And light there be!"

Sometimes I think it would be better if people cared more to post their stories.

Hey guys! So, the little dog died...

I talked to the girl and told her about it and it brought my alignment up, then I gave her the corpse, but now when I talk to her all she does is sniff. I spent time with her. Is there any way to cheer her up? I feel bad

Not now you've given her the corpse, I'm afraid. Otherwise, it'd be possible to wish for a cute dog to satisfy the quest. She wouldn't know the difference.
    "And light there be!"

Well, at least she got closure. She wouldn't even feel better if I Gave her Candy?

Anyways, I gotta tell you guys about my newest character! ORC barbarian! And things have been going so well!

To Start: Right away I find a Crystal Dagger! Can you say Weapon of Choice? I can!
    Then, On the level with the puppy I found a Neutral Altar! I got to feeling inner peace already! Also, I've been finding Vaults, Galore! I've also found a handy White Altar if I need it.

Now, although the puppy died, I found an Admantium Shield, which is very handy! Also, I've found a book shop, and some Morgia roots, which is how I got my To to 27! (It was 24.) I guess I should mention I started with 27 Str I think, but it's 28 now! Wow! Isn't that crazy high?
    Oh and lol, Learning of 3 lol. BUT!
    I found a dark sage and ate him and now I can read and write with a literacy of 32! Talk about bang for your buck!

Oh, so I went back and got healing from Jharod! Also, for some reason I've been finding lots of gold and items which has been a big help! I mean lots. About 3000 gold so far and I only just entered the Dwarf Dungeon! Which had a vault on it right away and a trap room! O_o

Crazy stuff. But this guy is going strong. Speaking of which, I know this is embarassing but I didn't realize my character was a boy till like level 7 lol! ^_^

Luckily I picked a name that works for boys and girls. Whew!

Anyways, I've pretty sure this is gonna be it! I've got 17 PV at level 10, am at inner peace, am neutral, can heal, found some morgia roots, and have a crystal dagger which has been handy fighting grey oozes. Wish me good luck! I'm confident I've got this!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post

Well, at least she got closure. She wouldn't even feel better if I Gave her Candy?
    Would you?

Oh and lol, Learning of 3 lol. BUT!
    I found a dark sage and ate him and now I can read and write with a literacy of 32! Talk about bang for your buck!
    That's nice, it'll let you use scrolls. Don't try to read books anytime soon, though. I doubt an orc barbarian with 3 Learning and no Concentration can even learn Light successfully.

Crazy stuff. But this guy is going strong. Speaking of which, I know this is embarassing but I didn't realize my character was a boy till like level 7 lol! ^_^

Luckily I picked a name that works for boys and girls. Whew!
    You can re'n'ame yourself as much as you want, in case you don't know.

I'm confident I've got this!
    That's usually what people say before dying in absurd or unfair ways. Don't get too overconfident and you'll be okay

Do well!
    "And light there be!"

Orc barbie is a good class. Be careful around ghosts. Orcs have very short lifespan. A ghost lord can kill you in 1-2 hits even if you're level 50.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.