Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]League of Misfortune

We should probably do a quick brainstorm on whether we want to ruin our alignment to C- completely attacking the peaceful animals for food or not. I can see food becoming a big problem with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    We should probably do a quick brainstorm on whether we want to ruin our alignment to C- completely attacking the peaceful animals for food or not. I can see food becoming a big problem with this character.
    Go ahead with the brainstorming, though as long as it isn't done with a chaotic intent (or for overly dubious reasons, e.g. nuking your alignment when you still have tons of food left or good prospects for getting more) you don't need any other players' permission to do an action you deem sensible, or necessary for your own survival. I think you'd trade off the prayers you get at the start (I doubt you'd get enough piety with Ussrachs after you convert, but I may be wrong) for the opportunity to kill animals.
    Last edited by Maul; 03-08-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Piety level with new god is "ground rumbles". We can still use one prayer for food (I am not sure if starting piety is enough for healing + food). It is better to wait for "Hungry!" or even "Starving" before using that prayer and after that the alignment does not matter. Once FP is rised to 65, corpse drop rate doubles.

Unless it's been changed without me noticing, I'm pretty sure it's 60/90 food preservation for double/triple corpses.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Unless it's been changed without me noticing, I'm pretty sure it's 60/90 food preservation for double/triple corpses.
    Yes, my mistake, it is 60. Char is very close to that, maybe next level or two. Unfortunately 90 is out of reach with druid skill rolls.

If you are worried about alignment change, just shoot past the animal, won't be considered chaotic

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    If you are worried about alignment change, just shoot past the animal, won't be considered chaotic
    I was hoping nobody would mention that... it's so cheesy that if I were the admin of the game I'd consider disallowing it. But since I'm not, I guess I'm in no position to do so.

@Jelly, will the last couple of losers from Fame and Fortune (still undecided in both cases) also be appended to the Misfortune league list in the end? 'Cause it'd seem strange to me that those defeated early get to advance while those who already managed to survive for a while and manage to achieve second place are punished for their successes - on the other hand, I'd also understand the principle of "they've already had the opportunity to play, while those knocked out in the early rounds didn't so they get some more chances". Still, just wondering.

Just so everyone knows, I am here and present so I won't miss my turn this time (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I was hoping nobody would mention that... it's so cheesy that if I were the admin of the game I'd consider disallowing it. But since I'm not, I guess I'm in no position to do so.

@Jelly, will the last couple of losers from Fame and Fortune (still undecided in both cases) also be appended to the Misfortune league list in the end? 'Cause it'd seem strange to me that those defeated early get to advance while those who already managed to survive for a while and manage to achieve second place are punished for their successes - on the other hand, I'd also understand the principle of "they've already had the opportunity to play, while those knocked out in the early rounds didn't so they get some more chances". Still, just wondering.
    Second place players from those leagues are already in the finals.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Second place players from those leagues are already in the finals.
    Oh... I see.