Thread: Prayer scaling [spoily]

Threaded View

Question Prayer scaling [spoily]

So my level 28 orcish monk (p10) is having a hard time putting a dent into the ancient stone beast. I do have a hand axe of penetration but this seems like it is going to be a long ordeal indeed. (Its PV has been buffed from 60 to 66 - a small difference but it is a big one when you're not dealing so much damage to begin with.) So I have two questions:

- What are the effects of throwing a blessed PoCC at the ASB?

- Trying to whittle away at the ASB poses another problem because of a prayer problem. I'm out of healing potions and herbs. I have prayed many times for healing - to the extent that now, praying for healing takes up so much piety that I've gone from "very close" to having my equipment turned to dust in two prayers. This upwards scaling of piety costs seems so over the top it's ridiculous. Is there some kind of secret handshake that can improve the situation or do I have to resign myself to every prayer for healing having to be offset by a mountain of gold?
    Last edited by aerol; 03-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.