Thread: Tower of Flames without Fire Immunity; Fear Incarnate

Default Tower of Flames without Fire Immunity; Fear Incarnate

Rapid St:18 Le:27 Wi:18 Dx:35 To:22 Ch:13 Ap:20 Ma:23 Pe:23 N-
    DV/PV: 34/24 H: 150(150) P: 19(80) Exp: 16/262666 D: 1 Sp: 115
    Blessed Strained
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, just raided Darkforge with my High Elf Assassin, some gems of my trip include a knife of endurance, a blue dragon scale mail, TWO eternium two-handers, a steel crown, and a sabre of devastation (if only I didn't put so much effort into knives and daggers... no matter)! Good stuff, worth the frustration of getting through.

Sipped pools both from and away from Darkforge, got a ton of things, lost a few (notably poison resistance, that'll be interesting), but no wish... I didn't get crowned with an elemental resistance, and I only have one wooden ring (gotten from our good friend, the ancient dwarf). I was hoping to scrounge together one to get a RoEI. What's next for me? Give the sage a visit? (No AoLS mind you), and see what's underneath the stairs? What happens if I don't flip up with another item of fire resistance? Do I just run through it? I have a RoI, which is half the battle, but even if I find another wooden ring, I'm still in a bit of a bind, because I only have two ring fingers. How do you all solve the tower problem without resorting to putting on the Crown of "Disregard My PV And Hit This Chink In My Armor Please"?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

Tower monsters often drop corpses. One drake eaten should give you intrinsic -fire.
    On top of that, ring of fire resistance and elemental gauntlets and you're good to go.
    If you're desperate and you've done the black druid quest, you could wear black torc for additional source of -fire (and curse of course, which isn't a big deal after crowning).
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Tower monsters often drop corpses. One drake eaten should give you intrinsic -fire.
    I'm missing a pip of -fire there. Ring + Gauntlets + Intristic = 3. Sounds... doable, however, is it safe to enter with two initially? I know I tried to go in with one for funsies and my body started turning a nice golden brown before I ran away tearing up (searing up?). How dramatic is the damage loss upon having two -fires?
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.

Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.

I really depends on if you have intrinsic fire resistance. i'm guessing that you do as you raided darkforge. if you lost it poolsipping i would try to get it again. it counts for two out of the 4 marks you need so that plus one RoI and one ring of res plus a certain set of gaunlets makes you golden. if you have a certain pain talent drop the extra res ring for either (my favorites) invis or regen. other options include wielding the knife and using ammo or uncursing a pile of spense.

your char is low level (although not tooo low just your hp makes you almost 1 shottablee by the wyrm.) i would suggest TotHK if you haven't done it for the levels if nothing else
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

If you have necessary slaying ammo and healing means, you should beat the wyrm. You could do TotHK and Water Temple, both items from there would help.
    Freedom through action!

Quote Originally Posted by Elitist View Post
    I'm missing a pip of -fire there. Ring + Gauntlets + Intristic = 3. Sounds... doable, however, is it safe to enter with two initially? I know I tried to go in with one for funsies and my body started turning a nice golden brown before I ran away tearing up (searing up?). How dramatic is the damage loss upon having two -fires?
    Intrinsic counts as 2.

Personally, I'd do Water Orb anyway. The free healing + extra Wi is a nice boost. If you have invisibility, you can do the IQD and open the frost giant caves. Lots of great stuff available there, though for a character at your level with your HP and minimal spellcasting ability, clearing the greater vault is probably a stretch. The random dungeons might be worth a look if you want to spend some extra turns and get a bit stronger. [edit]If you haven't done High Kings, you should do that too.

If you have a fireproof blanket, you can always ditch the RoI. It sounds like you have plenty of higher metal gear.

Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

YES. Doing this now. This is going in my signature.