View Poll Results: Are you interested in iADOM?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

30 29.41%
  • I'm not sure.

11 10.78%
  • No!

46 45.10%
  • Only if it's available for the iPhone too.

15 14.71%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: iADOM - how big is your interest?

As some previous posters, I won't answer the poll because the answer may be "Yes!" or "No!" depending on which kind of interest we are referring to. Instead I'll describe my position as follows:

1. I don't have an iPad and I will never be interested in one. So I won't buy iAdom.
    2. If I *had* an iPad, I would definitely buy iAdom.
    3. I am personally interested in iAdom anyway due to the bugfixes that are supposed to come to the PC version with it.
    4. I would pay for an improved PC version with bugfixes. I think TB deserves payment for the immense work he has done with ADOM, it's just that I'm not going to pay for an Apple app when I don't use, like or support that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I think TB deserves payment for the immense work he has done with ADOM, it's just that I'm not going to pay for an Apple app when I don't use, like or support that platform.
    Did you send him a postcard then? He seems to like those...
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    somehow I don't think Herr Doktor Biskup is short of a few bob- ADOM will most likely remain more about love than money.
    Well I think Dr. Mario is too much after money. Just think of it. He practically stopped development of ADOM when he got his job. Not a single update to fix any bugs whatsoever. And only now when he sees an opportunity to get cash out of ADOM he is making a version for Apple device. You have to be a devoted fanboy for not to realize that.

And you have to be a blistering idiot for posting asinine drivel like that.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Well I think
    I'm not sure you do, but whatever. All over the web, the pros and cons of Apple products are debated, often vehemently - in fact, the relative lack of flaming in this thread is practically a miracle. Anyway, in all the millions of fanboi/h8er threads, the one anti-apple argument I have never seen is the "ha ha, iPads suck cos you can't play any of the classic roguelikes from the previous century on them, get a lenovo, looser" argument.

Clearly jochen and thomas do not hate apple products, and if they can make some money out of iADOM, all power to them, but I suspect they won't be giving up their day jobs, and if the development of iADOM leads to the release of a Kelly-Krash-free windoze version, then awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    Did you send him a postcard then? He seems to like those...
    I did that, many years ago, although I might send another now that I live in a different place

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Well I think Dr. Mario is too much after money. Just think of it. He practically stopped development of ADOM when he got his job. Not a single update to fix any bugs whatsoever. And only now when he sees an opportunity to get cash out of ADOM he is making a version for Apple device. You have to be a devoted fanboy for not to realize that.

You tell him Boxy.

In other news,

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just lost my best ever Healer to a crash on the level below the Dwarven Halls. Level 18, had the bracers of war, the scorched spear, a spear of mayhem, a pickaxe of penetration, everything was moving along nicely, I sit there watching an amusing threatening orc tension room, traps are going off left right and centre, and ten bang, game crashes.

I don't mind dying to stone blocks, doppleganger kings, or molochs in the arena, but crashes??? Arrrgh.
    Please guys, lets see a bug free ADOM one day, I beseech ye.

I feel your pain Vogon, i lost a char that had a murderous orcish spear of devestation when i gave the AoLS to Khelly.

I know, I know... it's a common crash and i should've backed up before i handed that over, but i was so excited to open up an ultra that i just n00bishly turbo'd the give. and BAM. no more uber spear.

> ha ha, iPads suck cos you can't play any of the classic roguelikes from the previous century on them

That made me laugh : )

Oh yeah, angelus already told me that calling him a troll
    is just an 'internet argument', so that makes him not a
    troll. Somehow. Just figured I'd pass that along.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."