Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusKain View Post
    That's my line.
    But almost definitely more true for me :P just wait and see

Ok, you can keep it. That was harsh.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

30084: Found down stairs.
    30176: Crystal of Power and 2 unIDd gems.
    30204: Potion of water, Crystal of Darkness.
    30218: Close call with a Giant Rust Monster. Down to 8 hp.
    30493: First Aid -> 71, Gemology -> 58 while w5ing. Potion of water too.
    30501: +24 Burning Hands
    30534: Pole Arms level 7
    30546: Eat a loaf of bread
    30575: Eye of Destruction destroys our black leather gauntlets.
    30584: Equip-ID Gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +1] not cursed
    30670: Finish w5ing - 96 hp now. A few monsters dealt with along the way.
    30712: Rusted our poisonous halberd killing a rust monster. Goblin Corpse found.
    30762: Vampire drains 1 point of St and To (You feel exhausted!)
    30768: Giant Bat corpse eaten from the ground.
    30795: Fire Bolt and Burning Hands used to kill black dragon and shadow lord. Nothing nice from them.
    30823: You sense imminent danger... but the feeling passes
    30825: Descend to I34
    30840: Shambling mound. Not gonna milk it.
    30899: Ogre lord crits + stuns me to 3hp. Another spell would kill it.
    30900: You can't focus your thoughts enough to cast a spell. You feel clear again. The ogre lord fails to hurt you. The ogre lord hits you. You die...

on -1hp

Oh well. Hopefully I do better in the real league.

Code:
    Conundrum, the dwarven elementalist, was killed by an ogre lord.
    He scored 114621 points and advanced to level 17.
    288205 xp, ID34.

Told ya Lucius :P I don't know how to restore the save so I'll leave that to be done by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    league2, we've had a problem. Due to an error in which the league2 account was set up Al-Khwarizmi's save was not backed up. I'm afraid that means we'll have to continue from the previous save - meh's as it happens.
    I feel a bit cheated by this. I had a very tough situation to try and get past, and in the end I failed. But now it turns out no one else has to attempt the situation? And people who died in the first round are still revived?

It doesn't matter, because it's a practice league, but it's still a bit annoying.

That's why we'll keep double, triple saves in the actual competition.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I feel a bit cheated by this. I had a very tough situation to try and get past, and in the end I failed. But now it turns out no one else has to attempt the situation? And people who died in the first round are still revived?

It doesn't matter, because it's a practice league, but it's still a bit annoying.
    This is definitely my bad. league2 was accidentally pretty much a normal player account due to me modifying a wrong line in /etc/passwd... sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post

You're quite right - I apologise, and in the interests of fairness you will be revived for the next round. I should have tested myself that both leagues' save backups were working. Alas the one thing I didn't test ended up being the one thing broken... I was quite dissappointed myself and not getting to have a go at the living walls. My turn was very easy by comparison.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I'm making my turn now

Start moving east, zap monster detection, shows that nothing bad is on the level, giant rust monster is the worst one.
    Find stairs, don't descend yet.
    Explore around the level.
    Ankheg breath destroys boots of speed, and scrolls of satiation and YIKES.
    I ate a stone giant lord corpse to get +1 st.
    In around 600 turns whole level is searched. I move to chill on top of the downstairs, to pass the time, regen PP and so.
    Around 900 turns I take a look on the level, kill some mobs who have queued up behind the downstairroom door. I see lots of shadows, guess that means a summoner.
    I move back a bit fruther, and there is a shadow wyrm. I want to kill it and chill here for now, instead of descening. I get it to low health and panic, but it bolts me to just a bit over 20 hp. I start to run, get a shadow between us, it gets me to 6 hp. Then I get a corner between us, so no more bolts. Go down stairs.
    I34: Zap monster detection, shows tension room (berserker emperor most notably, the rest I didn't stick to my head so I guess they're crap) and a single black hurthling. Wait till I have more hp, fearing traps.
    Explore level, meet greater water elemental that I didn't fight, first didn't care about us but turned hostile, I just closed a door on it.

Code:
                                                                         #######
                                                                         #.....#
                                 X              ##########################.....#
                                X               .....@.................../.....#
                               X           #### ####################/###########
                          .#               #..   ........../...........#
       ###########      ...####    ##      #/#########.#####...........# #########
       #...../...#    ..........* ...      #...............+...........# #.......#
       #.....###.#   ############# #.#######.......#########...........# #.......#
       #.....# #.#                 #....E..+.......#       #...........# #.......#
       #/##### #/###########       ###.#####.......#       #...........###.......#
       #.#     #......./...#         #...# #.......#       #..........././.......#
       #.##### #.......###.###########.#.# #.......#       #######################
       #.....# #.......# #./...........#.../.......#
       #...<.# ######### ###.......######## ########
       #.....#             #.......#
       #######             #########

Ars           St:19  Le:26  Wi:15  Dx:12  To:16  Ch: 6  Ap: 2  Ma:14  Pe:12 N+
    DV/PV: 21/29   H: 101(111)    P: 88(88)      Exp: 17/298317     I34   M: 32000
    Satiated Coward
    E = last place I saw the elemental
    X's = the tension room is around here. Don't remember the completely exact place, I'm sloppy like that. It was 3 tiles wide vertically and maybe 5-7 horizontally.

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league2/ars.vlg

Default Trip Report #2

Awesome kills:

Hill Giant Chieftain
    Fire Giantx2
    Frost Giant
    Large Rust Monster
    Ancient Minotaur
    Red Dragon
    Troll King
    Greater Mummy
    Berserker Lord
    Minotaur Mage
    Minotaur Lord
    Vampire

-Items-

Gained:

Blanket
    Scroll of Identity
    Red Dragon Corpse
    Large Ration
    Some arrows

Lost:

Large Ration (ate it)

-Development-

Went down to I41 (to escape an ornery titan)
    Mana+1
    Improved Fireball now +1
    Possible fire immunity from red dragon corpse
    Firebolt now +22
    Burning Hands now +26

I main elementalists in the game itself, so I am glad to be one of the many who guide this one's fate.
    Top Score in ADOM: 10.1M- Normal victory (Male Dwarven Paladin)

King of All Dwarves.