Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post
    One small thing: raiders are edible . Not a big deal since we have enough food left, but if it's free and lying around...
    Aye, forgot about that - my thinking at the time was that it might lower our Lawful alignment (I've since learned otherwise). It might still be there though, so it's worth the next guy having a look.

I'll be taking my turn here in about ten minutes.

Could some one explain (in short words with just one sylababble) how I find connect to IRCNet using mIRC? I dont seem to be having any joy, and would love to have heard Furious' reaction to those summons

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Could some one explain (in short words with just one sylababble) how I find connect to IRCNet using mIRC? I dont seem to be having any joy, and would love to have heard Furious' reaction to those summons
    Between that and the repeated teleports into either useless or dangerous positions, there was a lot of swearing and loling in IRC. Report in a few minutes...

Here we are then.

6028 -- Spend a while looking over equipment and such. All in order I guess. I go and eat the raider corpse that was left behind.
    6220 -- I encounter a doppleganger, and then a rust monster. Rather than fight the rust monster, I position a chaos rat between me and it, and then lead them both on a circular route around the level that takes me back to the down stair. Bye rust monster!
    6360 -- Yellow dog!! Boo, it's a hyena ;(. I hear a distant wind. Bah.
    6400 -- Cautiously exploring the rest of the level, I see a fire vortex. I back off and head for the down stair which I found earlier, with the fire vortex in hot (hehe) pursuit. Down to I11. Sorry for the quick dive.
    6425 -- I11 has a river. On the other side of the river is a crystal statue. I train xbows on it from this safe vantage point for a while, eventually killing it.
    6450 -- Teleport. I land in a room with a black wizard who summons gremlins followed by hill orcs. Sigh.
    6500 -- Teleport again, this time from HP. I land in the room with the down stair in it, cut off from the rest of the level by the river. I mull over w5ing for a while to avoid descending a third level in 400 turns. Debate rages in IRC as to whether w5ing some time away doing nothing is better or worse than forcible speed-diving. Opinion is split. Drama! Scandal! I go down to I12 before people get too angry.
    6575 -- Another river. Concentration +5 to 96. Tele like a BILLION TIMES OMG, eventually get to the other side of the river. Next to a dark elven lord. Who poisons me. Cast Tele from HP to get rid of him.
    6875 -- Find a werewolf. Milk it for summons. Shield to level 1.
    6925 -- Swords to level 7.
    6950 -- Hungry! I eat a wolf corpse that dropped, and enrage all the wolves that are watching. That was stupid.
    7000 -- I kill raging wolves until a dire wolf makes it to the front of the pack. I sit behind the dire wolf on Coward using it as a meatshield and tapping 5 until I heal back up. Kill the rest of the wolves. Eat another wolf corpse. w5 the rest of our hitpoints back. Being Strained from carrying the corpses gives us +1 Strength.
    7350 -- Hungry, eat our large ration to address burden level.
    8000 -- As discussed in IRC, I comb the level for generated monsters until 8k turns to avoid diving yet again.

Misc finds: steel wand, blubbery potion.

Code:
                                            #==
     #########                            ##====             ########### #########
     #.......#                            #====#             #.........# #.......#
     #.......##############################====###############.........# #.......#
     #......./..............................====.#........./...........# #...*@..#
     ###########.#############.############====###.........###.........###.......#
               #.#           #.#          #====# #.........# #.........*./.......#
               #.#       #####+############====###.........# #################+###
               #.#       #.......+..........====./.........#                 #.#
     ###########.####### #.......###########====##.........###################.###
     #.....+.../.......# #.......#       ##====# #...................../.........#
     #..<..#####.......# ######### #######====## #######################.........#
     #.....#   #.../...#           #.....====##                        #.........#
     #######   #.......#           #....====############################/#########
               #.......#           #....====.............................#
               #########           ######====#############################
                                        #====#
                                        ######
    Furious styl  St:16  Le:18  Wi:14  Dx:18  To:10  Ch:17  Ap:17  Ma:13  Pe:14 L
    DV/PV: 41/10   H: 53(53)      P: 33(33)      Exp: 9/21058       I12   M: 8000
    Coward
    The vlg is here.

We're getting really busy in IRC now when the server league games run. I counted ~20 people in #ancardia and about 15 people speccing me (and a similar number speccing Grey now). Join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Could some one explain (in short words with just one sylababble) how I find connect to IRCNet using mIRC? I dont seem to be having any joy, and would love to have heard Furious' reaction to those summons [emphasis mine. -- Epythic]
    With words of just one part each? This is hard.

I had the same thing ear-li-er. Used a search site. Here is what I found:

irc.tu-ilmenau.de port 6667

Of course there are oth-ers if you are not in my land, but this should work.

I hope you could un-der-stand me?
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

To talk with slow speed and to talk with use of words which are not long and hard are in fact not the same things at all. With that in mind, I do know what you meant to say, but it has not helped much. I think the net chat will just have to wait till I get home.

/Words with just one sound can be quite of use.

Just a heads up that BurnedToast is playing his turn, I think he forgot to post here and say so.

Started out on the down stairs, so I decended.

Attacked by a lightning lizard just at the bottom of the stairs which I can't manage to hit even in berzerk mode. It gets me down to 14 hp, so I cast teleport on it... and it teleports to the exact same spot it was just standing. I HP cast teleport (down to 9 HP) which works, melee a cobra to death then w5 a while to heal. I got hungry so I nomed all our bones and our seed, then I used the holy symbol to pray a bit while I healed more

I wander around for a while and find a rune-covered tome which I fail to read, I decide to hold on to it till we improve our literacy a bit.

I fight the lightning lizard a bit more, it gets me down to 30 HP so I teleport it away again, then I wander into a (mixed) tension room and kill a few things before a leucrotta gets me down to 1 hp so I pray and am healed. the ground does not rumble so we might have another one left. Shields +1 to level 2 while fighting. I teleport a hill giant chieftan away, kill some more stuff, then teleport a master swordsman away and level to 10!

+1 concentration to 100, +1 athletics to 81, +2 literacy to 68

+1 shield skill to level 3 while (still) fighting the tension room.

Iron golem gets me down to 9 hp, I use our last prayer for a heal then HP cast teleport it away but it resists so I teleport myself and use my holy symbol while healing.

I am attacked by a blink dog, so I let it miss me till it spawns more, I kill them and nom a corpse - we have teleport control installed now but we are down to LN. +3 law skill though, woohoo!

I try and read our new spellbook again but still can't, so I just pray the rest of our turn out to try and dig us out of the huge piety hole I put us in. If you pray instead of waiting you might be able to recharge another prayer so that's something to keep in mind.

WARNING There is a lightning lizard, a stone giant, a hill giant chieftan, and an iron golem wandering around the level. I got us TP control so I recommend you try and teleport to the stairs and move to the next level as soon as possible. I suspect (but am not sure) that they are past the unexplored doorway (where I've placed a 1) straight north of where our character is.

We are also slightly low on food - I nomed everything except 1 loaf of elven bread.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

###+#####################################################
               ...././/[.+.............................^...............#
               ....#######.......#########################.###########.#
                ..       #.......#                       #.#         #.#
                .        #....../#                       #.#         #.#
                         #.......#                       #.#       #.......#
                         #.......#########################/#####   #.......
                         #......./...................#.........#   #.......
           ###########################################.........#   #......
           #@....+.............................................#     ...
           #...<.#####################################.........#
           #.....#                                   #.........#
           #######                                   ###########

BurnedToast   St:16  Le:18  Wi:14  Dx:18  To:10  Ch:17  Ap:17  Ma:13  Pe:14 LN
    DV/PV: 28/10   H: 56(56)      P: 36(36)      Exp: 10/28342      I13   M: 10000
    Satiated

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedToast View Post
    I nomed everything except 1 loaf of elven bread.
    Including our precious seed, you villainous fiend!