Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionism vs creationism

if there are no dogs in heaven, I don't wanna go
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

To be honest, all this heaven and hell debating I've been doing is really for the sake of argument. I personally don't have any concept for what an afterlife, if any, would be like. I'll give you a better answer when I am dead.

Don't worry gut, you can spend the rest of eternity with all the dogs that Grey has maliciously slaughtered.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

People sin against God in this life because they are not omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent or they'd know that to sin against God would is rather pointlessly suicidal. Sin is selfishness That is we set out to do what we think is in our own best interest but because we are none of the three "O" s we often don't really have any idea what that is.

People in heaven do not sin because they choose not to rather they don't sin because the option is no longer available because at long last we really do know better.

People in hell are still in a state of rebellion against God and will remain so for all eternity because the option is availble and they don't know better.

Oh and what Part of go ye therefore unto all nations preaching and baptizing ... did you not get. If God doesn't act we all go to hell.

People who claim that you can have morality and not have God are missing the point. If there is a God and he has ordered this universe to suit himself then his notion of Morality would permeate this universe and while member of the cration may not recognize the creator they would still behave to a certain extent after the moral code he established and think it was them being good occasionally

> People in heaven do not sin because

but the angels, I hear tell they do

> People in hell are still in a state of rebellion

no, they are in the state of KY

Thanks garyd, for doing such a great job illustrating the points that I've been trying to make.

[edit]I would encourage you to go out and meet some atheists one of these days though. You might be surprised that they're mostly really nice, moral people.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-13-2010 at 04:52 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

if I didn't fear god and the law, I would kill everyone I ever wanted to

> I would kill everyone
    Mr Dostoyevsky had written a novel about this named Crime and Punishment
    And the main idea there AFAR - conscience is your own and the most strict judge.

my conscience would bother me if I killed someone
    who didn't deserve it, but why would I want to kill
    them anyway

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    if I didn't fear god and the law, I would kill everyone I ever wanted to
    You should seek psychiatric help.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

my conscience would bother me if I killed someone
    who didn't deserve it
    No. U will suffer anyway - its your deep old instincts and they can make you crazy. Soldiers, whose conscience should be pure by mean of conventional logic, have a huge psychological problems after they war is gone.