Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adom Wiki

I'd prefer a fresh-start myself too. I know the guy Soirana was talking about - if he pops his head back up and starts butchering stuff... well, I wouldn't be too keen on my info being involved there either Fresh start makes things so much easier, and should give better motivation to you in creating something.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Yeah, and it's not so hard, if I remember correctly that same site (wikia.com) gives you free wikis.

The difficult part about maintaining a wiki is adding the content, which you seem to be willing to do (admirable!). Setting up the infrastructure is a piece of cake compared to that.

This is by far the most proprietary community I've ever been a part of, and it really makes me laugh sometimes.

As per the two cents, I vote do not start over. Use all imaginable resources to make your Wiki the greatest ADOM resource. BTW, I fully support the Pirate party in Sweden.

it is the only game i know there "code diving" is such a bad word and info sometimes is called "forbidden".

overall, fresh start would be good. Also you make to much hassle about info copies and so on...

I'd rather see something good for all being done. For example - creating sortable thing which would identfiy things based on material groups [and maybe DL].

If this is would be in usable format you would earn place in Dom history wiki or not.

to Grey: you sure that person was not a girl?
    Last edited by Soirana; 06-29-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Yeah, and it's not so hard, if I remember correctly that same site (wikia.com) gives you free wikis.

The difficult part about maintaining a wiki is adding the content, which you seem to be willing to do (admirable!). Setting up the infrastructure is a piece of cake compared to that.
    Heh, now that I was actually looking for how to make a new one, I found it easy enough...
    The question is now, what do we call the new one? We (obviously) can't use adom.wikia.com, that's taken...

Adomwiki.wikia.com maybe?
    Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I'd rather see something good for all being done. For example - creating sortable thing which would identfiy things based on material groups [and maybe DL].
    What exactly do you mean here? It's probably because of the amount of sleep I (didn't) have last night, but I can't understand what you're saying...

I vote for new wiki.

But not adomwiki.wikia.com, that has 'wiki' in it twice. Doesnt look good...

Maybe ancardia.wikia.com is a better choice.
    We already have ancardia.ath.cx as the ADOM-Online server...

ancardia.wikia.com was still free so I registered it.
    Ascaron, whats your username on wikia? I'll of course hand that wiki over to you if you want it.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    And yes i am big old stupid troll born under starsign of jerk.
    That made my day. Especially the starsign of jerk.

I'll think about contributing if I have anything good to say but prefer to do so actively if at all (not copy/paste of my posts, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    I vote for new wiki.

But not adomwiki.wikia.com, that has 'wiki' in it twice. Doesnt look good...

Maybe ancardia.wikia.com is a better choice.
    We already have ancardia.ath.cx as the ADOM-Online server...

ancardia.wikia.com was still free so I registered it.
    Ascaron, whats your username on wikia? I'll of course hand that wiki over to you if you want it.
    ancardia.wikia.com sounds perfect. Why didn't I think of that?
    My username on wika is Ascyron. I'll start copying my articles across now

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I'll think about contributing if I have anything good to say but prefer to do so actively if at all (not copy/paste of my posts, for example).
    I'm perfectly happy for anyone else to help with creating the wiki, but I don't honestly expect a lot of help. All I need is time and permission to copy what you've already written on Adom.de

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    What exactly do you mean here? It's probably because of the amount of sleep I (didn't) have last night, but I can't understand what you're saying...
    UnID names of some stuff [wands, amulets, bracers, rings] are cycled between certain groups.

Groups are defined by material stuff made from [in theory at least]. So all ruby amulets are pendants of beauty cause it is the only amulet of stone, all mithrill rings are ice ones cause that is the only mithril ring and so on...

having this sorted in an easy thing were someone could easily check what the options for his bleak amulet and electrum ring found on ID4 is would be very useful.

And i am also very capable to paste info inside wiki on my own...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)