Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

Default W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

For Sssracht's sake people, the world cup is in two days time, and all the forums seem to care about is whether the semi colon can be used as a super comma as well as to connect related independent clauses?

I mean really?

Who will bow out pathetically in the groups stages? Who will make the last 4? Who will ultimately triumph and be crowned champions of the world? Who will troll this thread with complaints about football being a stupid pointless game where teams play for hours only to draw 0-0?

I can haz some football excitement?

I suspect the winners to be Spain, Brazil, Argentia, or maybe Germany, who knows? I will be hoping for fine performances from Serbia and England, but am not expecting either team to get as far as last 4.

êdit: Dammit, I can't have an ê with a hat on in my thrêad titlê apparêntly. Shamê.
    /ê

I might watch a game or two: football is such a nice game to sit and watch with friends and beverages.

I really have no favourite winner and I usually side with the underdogs. But if I'd have to name a winner I'd guess Argentina; cos Maradona owns and deserves: it somehow.

Too bad Finland is not playing this tournament: we'll make it into the next!

You bet I am quite aware of what's going down in the near future!

With the expected result of Germany winning its group and England finishing second, that means we can throw them out on penalties as early as the quarter final. Should be easy as cake.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I'd say England has a good chance of reaching the semis. Brazil, Spain and Netherlands (IMO the top three teams at the moment) are all on the other side of the bracket, so England won't have to play them before the semi finals.

I'll be watching most matches, but don't really have any favourite team.

I'm for whichever team can stay sober the longest, which is
    unfortunately none of them.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

The only interest i have in the world cup is that i've got as much chances to win my end of year exams as france has of losing the world cup.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

What do our resident Irish people think of France's prospects?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Who will troll this thread with complaints about football being a stupid pointless game where teams play for hours only to draw 0-0?
    I agree, football is a stupid pointless game where teams play for hours only to draw 0-0.

But there's an upside. During the previous world cup I went to the movies with my girlfriend while our country was playing a match. We had the whole theater for ourselves.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

No Ecuador this year so I am forced to cheer for Slovakia on behalf of my friend.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    What do our resident Irish people think of France's prospects?
    I don't care who wins the World Cup, as long as France loses horribly... This is actually the first time in Ireland city that we're willing to support England against another team - if England ever play France we will actually support the bloody Brits.

I personally think Spain will win, but I don't support any specific team. Would be nice to see the Socceroos do well, I guess.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!