Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Well, the guidebooks says you can't sac spawned creatures, but I think you should make it clear that you can sac the creature which was randomly generated, but not the ones it spawned.
    Yay, I got the firsst post on page 50! By the way, it seems that enemies can sac you to their gods and then throw rocks at you... "The goblin rockthrower screams prayers to his god! The goblin rockthrower throws a rock at you! You are engulfed in roaring flames! You die..."
    Last edited by DumbleDoor; 10-12-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Some notes about ventriloquism:

Attempting to use ventriloquism on any type of undead will always fail regardless of score. ie. The ghul is not impressed.

Ventriloquism works on all insects, including greater and killer bugs.

Attempting to use ventriloquism on constructs (golems, statues, etc) can be succesful but they do not react to it. This means that using ventriloquism on a non-hostile construct in order to make it become hostile will not work.

Also, Ventriloquism works on every orb guardian as well as Keriax. Quite well at maximum score, which makes the guardians easier to manage if you need to melee them.

I haven't been able to reach Andor yet so I don't know if he's vulnerable to ventriloquism or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CheatMan View Post
    Some notes about ventriloquism:
    All incorporated, thanks. A new zip archive is up.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

If you kill a creature using a potion of cure corruption, you don't get any experience. The monster also won't show up on the kill list. I tested this with a character powered up with adombotted wands of wishing.

I think the experience thing has been mentioned somewhere. I searched this forum and couldn't find it though. The kill list thing is probably new.

Last time I killed the ACW with a PoCC I got some experience, but not very much. Was very annoyed. Never checked my kill list though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Don't I remember someone posting about PoCC not
    being able to land the final blow on bosses?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Well that's certainly not true for the Ancient Chaos Wyrm.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

It's my failing memory again. I remembered what it was
    and searched out the exact quote (yours actually):

"I think I remember spectating someone on the server who killed the AKW with a thrown PoCC - it either gave no xp or very little, so be warned. Use it to initially weaken up, not to finish off."

In my mind I just mentally deleted the possibility of
    landing the final blow on bosses. Duh.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Sorry for necropost...

The table on class starting attributes in 0.1.1 it incorrect or at least out-of-date for the current version. My research for the Wiki (documented in the bottom post of this thread) seems to indicate that classes likely receive a multiplier for each stat applied to the base racial scores. This causes the real values of stats to diverge quite strongly from the Guidebook values as the racial stat increase--the most notable examples can be found in trolls: a troll barbarian with the Guidebook quoted 21 To is pretty much impossible to roll--lower than 26 is extremely rare, in fact, and the average is in the low 30s. As it works out, however, the Guidebook table systematically underestimates just about every stat that I've tested so far. I'm still in the process of documenting the multipliers for each class, but I should have them all by the weekend or so.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

The guidebook stat listings don't include changes from character background or the random/questions choice, so of course real results will be higher on average. Overall they are accurate enough as a general comparison between character types, but shouldn't be relied on to predict real stats for chars.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer