No "already cleaned out" message on pickpocketing
issueid=1255 09-21-2012 07:17 PM
Number of reported issues by Arancaytar: 6
No "already cleaned out" message on pickpocketing
Impossible to determine if a monster can still be picked.

After the first success or "doesn't seem to own anything of value", further pickpocketing attempts always result in a message of "you fail badly" (I've tried this on dozens of gremlins with a Pickpocket skill at 50). I remember there used to be a message along the lines of "You have already cleaned out the <monster>."

In fact, I also think there was some chance of failing the pickpocket attempt without "failing badly" - but that might only apply to non-hostile monsters, since it only affects whether the creature is alerted to your attempt.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1255
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-21-2012 10:13 PM
Can we hijack this bug report and turn it into a discussion of if pickpockets is a good skill to have in the game in its current form?

09-22-2012 07:47 AM
Ancient Member

09-22-2012 06:22 PM
Ancient Member
Sometimes it happens that you can't pickpocket certain monsters no matter what - even with the skill at 100%, you will always get the "you fail badly" message, or anger the monster. But I need to play 1.2.0pr3 more before I can confirm this or the above bug happens on it.

12-10-2012 03:10 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

06-15-2013 08:34 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
Sometimes it happens that you can't pickpocket certain monsters no matter what - even with the skill at 100%, you will always get the "you fail badly" message, or anger the monster. But I need to play 1.2.0pr3 more before I can confirm this or the above bug happens on it.
It happens. I've reproduced this bug on a ghul. I was pickpocketing everyone in the graveyard. Had pickpocket at a pretty good level. It was taking me four-five attempts to clean most people out. Eventually I come on this ghul that kept getting angry. Over and over again. I couldn't recall any other monsters getting angry repeatedly. I thought it was highly unusual after the tenth time in a row. I mashed pickpocket on that ghul for likely 50-80 turns. He just kept getting angry. I killed him. Tried to pickpocket the next guy. Got something in my first attempt. There's a bug somewhere in there.

+ Reply