Greater vault: Godsforge
issueid=1714 01-10-2013 10:55 PM
Number of reported issues by BenMathiesen: 99
Greater vault: Godsforge

This could be a randomly generated greater vault, or a one-level mini-quest.
It might be considered redundant with darkforge, but where Darkforge is an unwholesome vault I picture Godsforge as having a more primordial flavor--a relic of legendary days long before the Drakalor Chain got corrupted.

Monsters: muscular dwarves, cyclops, animated armors, iron golems, greater fire elementals, eternium golems; maybe lightning and fire vortexes if they won't nuke the natives.
Boss: Named eternium golem "Talos", running the forge eternally while waiting for the slain god to return... special ability: immune to phase dagger/penetration weapons!
Guaranteed items: anvil, Hammer of the Gods + one metal artifact weapon/armor/shield, or 2 metal artifact weapons/armors/shields if the Hammer has already been generated.
Forges present, of course, and probably lots of ore or ingots lying around. It would be a good place to smith, if it weren't so deep in the CoC and therefore highly corrupting--even more so than DarkForge. Maybe after the gate is closed... :-)

Secret behavior/opportunity/quest for weaponsmiths? Maybe Talos knows how to remove essence of chaos and corruption from the darkforge artifacts, or will trade something special for them?

I love iron golems and eternium golems!

EDIT: By the way, I don't expect this to be implemented with all its details; I'm just tossing ideas out to give some idea of the flavor I have in mind. Much better if Thomas surprises us, if he likes the idea.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1714
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-10-2013 11:10 PM
I'll give you your first upvote I liked this idea so much.

01-10-2013 11:11 PM
Ancient Member
General idea is nice but lots of details I don't like. No to Talos or any other Greek mythology reference. No to guaranteed artifacts. No to some of the other less random things. Haven't voted as my view is too mixed on this!

01-10-2013 11:26 PM
I've no strong feeling either way about a greater vault featuring those monsters, but I'm voting no because of all the extra bits that I don't like.

01-11-2013 12:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Grey
No to Talos or any other Greek mythology reference.
I just wanted to say that, while explicit references to Greek mythology is something I'd be against, I do like the idea of indirect references. Perhaps the guardian could be called Solat, or Latso, or something like that. Kind of like all of the unIDed scroll names that reference all sorts of things, along with Lawenilothehl, etc.

+ Reply