Boss Monsters Don't Always Seem to Spawn
issueid=1886 01-29-2013 03:01 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by JellySlayer: 114
Boss Monsters Don't Always Seem to Spawn

There have been a number of reported incidents of people receiving the "Bone-chilling threat" message, but not finding a boss monster anywhere on the level. It's happened to me at least twice, and I'm fairly certain that it's not that the boss was in a hidden room somewhere that I just happened to miss.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1886
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 11
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-29-2013 03:09 PM
Ancient Member
It happens around 50% of the time for me. It even happened in the Big Room so I'm pretty sure it's not due to missing a secret door.

01-29-2013 03:18 PM
It happened to me twice. The second time it happened, I zapped a wand of Monster Detection the turn after I got the "blood chilling threat" message and still saw so purple monster, so I assume it's not a matter of them being killed off.

01-29-2013 03:20 PM
Happened to me once as well.

01-29-2013 05:12 PM
I haven't had the chance to zap wands of monster detection, but I have seen the message a couple times without being able to find any bosses on the level.

01-29-2013 05:30 PM
Maybe it works same as the 'You feel immiment danger...' thing, but without a message in case of a negative outcome? Anyway, it'd be nice if they generated always whenever a message like this happens, it'd add to the game

+ Reply