Option to hide/disable achievements
issueid=2507 12-01-2013 05:54 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Laukku: 56
Option to hide/disable achievements

I don't know, when I first saw the achievements section in the main menu it felt uncomfortable to me. ADOM is an old-school game, and having such a modern element added to it feels out of place. :-/ I don't like the idea of them in general either, usually they're there just to superficially add to the game's playtime without adding to the actual gameplay. I don't want the game to tell me that something I did was special because I got an achievement, I want to decide it myself.

Some kind of option to simply hide the achievement section so I needn't worry about its existence would be nice to have. On the other hand, it depends on the quality of the implemented achievements - the various challenge games are already a big ADOM tradition, so it would be kinda nice to have an official acknowledgement for completing one.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2507
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-01-2013 07:09 PM
An option to hide it from the menu sounds good to me (even though I would probably not use it myself), and fits with Adom's tradition of tweakability.

12-03-2013 03:16 AM
Ancient Member
If you don't want the achievement section to interfere with your playing, there is a simple solution - do not open it. You will then not see what the game has decided as special.

02-03-2014 06:19 PM
Administrator
Duplicate of issue 2704.

+ Reply