Change the way level 18+ Healer is prompted when applying First Aid.
issueid=2388 10-12-2013 02:57 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Change the way level 18+ Healer is prompted when applying First Aid.

A level 18+ Healer has the class power to 'a'pply First Aid and Healing to other characters.

Currently the player is prompted when 'a'pplying First Aid with:
"Do you want to help someone else? [y/N]

With the First Aid skill being so nifty now, it is a minor inconvenience to seek out the 'n' key whenever the player wants to apply First Aid to the player character.

I propose that the player is prompted in a similar way as when 'a'pplying the Healing skill:
"Which direction [789456123], Z = ABORT]?"

As you can see I added a 5 in there, so the player character can be targeted to apply First Aid to him/herself.

This way the player doesn't need to seek out the 'n' key on the keyboard whenever he/she want the PC to 'a'pply First Aid to self. He can simply press '5'. As I'm assuming most players have their right hand on the numpad most of the time.

This will be especially handy when First Aid is quickmarked, which means a fast 'a'pply, quicmarked numpad key, 5.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2388
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-12-2013 03:58 PM
Ancient Member
And if it's moved to class power menu (\Cx) then applying first aid on self would work just as for everyone else (which is what one does >99% of time anyway I guess). For healing it could be any way as it's automatic skill.

10-12-2013 04:45 PM
Ancient Member
I still use First Aid on others enough for it to be slightly inconvenient under ctrl-x, but yes that is another option I considered. It would definitely be less of a hassle than it is now.

10-13-2013 08:36 PM
I proposed a modification to the same behavior here. Perhaps both solutions could be combined.

10-15-2013 02:31 PM
"Do you want to help someone else? [y/N]"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the capitalised "N" mean that, if you hit enter, it will default to N? In other words, if you want to heal yourself, just hit enter - a much easier button to hit than N or 5.

10-15-2013 04:29 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn
"Do you want to help someone else? [y/N]"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the capitalised "N" mean that, if you hit enter, it will default to N? In other words, if you want to heal yourself, just hit enter - a much easier button to hit than N or 5.
You are correct. It also is much better than N or 5 would be.

Is it documented in the Manual?

I can't remove the RFE however.

10-18-2013 10:54 AM
I wouldn't remove the RFE myself. I really like the idea of being able to apply First Aid to other people with that level of simplicity, rather than having to type 'Y' and *then* a direction. It seems a shortcut, defaulting it directly to 'Which direction do you want to use it on?' is good enough.

10-18-2013 01:14 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Kurasu
I wouldn't remove the RFE myself. I really like the idea of being able to apply First Aid to other people with that level of simplicity, rather than having to type 'Y' and *then* a direction. It seems a shortcut, defaulting it directly to 'Which direction do you want to use it on?' is good enough.
Yes, this seems like a lot better interface in my opinion.

+ Reply