Dwarven mystic loot
issueid=1678 01-08-2013 01:34 AM
Number of reported issues by aerol: 71
Dwarven mystic loot
Concerning dwarven mystic gifts for neutrals

The fix for this bug introduced new behavior that in my opinion could use a tweak. Currently a ring of ice is given by the dwarven mystic to all neutrals who talk to him under normal circumstances no matter which set of items he chooses to give (SoCR/PoInsight or PoGA/PoTraining); in other words, the ring of ice is included in both sets. This has the effect of introducing a guaranteed ring of ice into the game. I would suggest that the ring only be given with the PoGA/PoTraining set.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1678
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-08-2013 01:38 AM
Ancient Member
disagree. Having a certain ring of ice makes sense to me and since the other chances to the game with stat potentials this change works to make the ToeF a tiny bit easier.

01-08-2013 04:13 AM
Ancient Member
Adding the ring of ice to the already extremely desirable SoCR set is terrible. The SoCR set is already so, so, so much better than the PoGA set--why can't the RoI be just with the PoGA set to balance it out just a little? [although considering the tower is perfectly doable w/o RoI or fp blanket, it doesn't actually help that much, imo]

01-08-2013 04:20 AM
Ancient Member
Definitely agree with this.

01-08-2013 07:28 AM
Ancient Member
Sorry, I mistakenly voted no because I thought it was a wand of cold. Please, mentally subtract one "No" vote and add one "Yes".

I think a guaranteed ring of ice is not needed. On the other hand, a guaranteed wand of cold would prevent being forced to quite a lot of grinding in some games (yes, I know the druid gives you frost bolt, but with some characters it's unwise to go with the druid and at the point where you make that decision you don't really know if the RNG is going to throw a wand of cold at you or not).

01-08-2013 09:28 AM
Ancient Member
Druid or carpenter, both supply a way across water. The Ring of Ice is not that important, so i don't care. I usually find about 3 lying around anyway.

01-08-2013 09:29 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
Druid or carpenter, both supply a way across water.
Unless you need herbalism.

01-08-2013 09:37 AM
Ancient Member
The problem there is bridge building... if bridge building is buffed enough to be actually practical, then yes, there wouldn't be the need for a wand of cold.

But anyway this is off-topic, sorry.

01-10-2013 03:22 PM
The Creator
This was intentional. I just not felt good about either giving an artifact or "only" easily destructible/consumable items.

+ Reply