Thread: 1.2 #14 Start up slows down?

Default 1.2 #14 Start up slows down?

I've been running it for a while and the longer I play it the long it seems to boot the game. Bit strange.
    It was happening and I deleted all the main file besides the exe and when
    I "re installed" everything by using the exe it was quick again.

I'd rather not do that since it means having to die 100 more times for the bug temple.

Anyone else have this issue? come up with a solution?

timed it.
    Its gone from basically instant after clicking the short cut to 20 seconds to load the main screen.

It's a known issue and will be fixed in Prerelease 15.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Thanks alot!

Remove the HIGHSCORE file and it will be fast again(that will also cause other things(not being able to access bug temple and not being able to see those high scores for the time being) but if you'd rather have a fast game..).

It starts to freeze at about 30-50 high score entries and gets slower the closer it gets to 100. It will of course fill up again so if you want it fast keep removing it.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

Quote Originally Posted by KyoShinda View Post
    Remove the HIGHSCORE file and it will be fast again(that will also cause other things(not being able to access bug temple and not being able to see those high scores for the time being) but if you'd rather have a fast game..).

It starts to freeze at about 30-50 high score entries and gets slower the closer it gets to 100. It will of course fill up again so if you want it fast keep removing it.
    FYI, the highscore does not affect Bug Temple access. There's a separate file called adom.cnt that tracks this. You can edit this file in a text editor to get immediate access if you need to...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    FYI, the highscore does not affect Bug Temple access. There's a separate file called adom.cnt that tracks this. You can edit this file in a text editor to get immediate access if you need to...
    The last couple times I checked that file it had 'U' and other things, or does it only do that after the first 100 and goes through letters or something? That's why I was afraid to mess with it. lol
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

Quote Originally Posted by KyoShinda View Post
    The last couple times I checked that file it had 'U' and other things, or does it only do that after the first 100 and goes through letters or something? That's why I was afraid to mess with it. lol
    In ASCII, each letter is assigned a particular numeric value. A U would correspond to 85, for example. See an ASCII table. In practice, I think you can just replace whatever is in there with four spaces or something and it will work fine.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

the temple's requirement of 100 recorded deaths was completely removed in 1.2
    pretty sure of that, correct me if i'm wrong
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

The required number of deaths was temporarily reduced to 5 for the Prereleases, see issue 1258.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa