Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mino maze bug?

See http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3945 for the discussion and changes applied.

If you're curious, I just did the maze and got what I thought was a decent reward given that I'm a wizard and won't use the axe.

I also recently ran the maze, got 3-4 PoCCs, 1 PoStr, 1 PoGA, only 1 spellbook (Magic Missile), plus the Axe/corpse (can't remember what else). I definitely recall getting a bigger reward the last time, but really the extra artifact is overkill considering that the Axe is so good now. Definitely wasn't worth it for that specific char though, as I'd already gotten plenty of PoCCs from the Ice Queen and eventually got a better weapon.

If anything, the Minotaur should get even less rewarding, and just be a source of a corrupting +stat corpse, big axe, and maybe few stat potions. Between the Minotaur, Weird Tome, HMV secret room, Ice Queen's first quest, Guth'Alak's chaotic corpse reward, the Dwarven mystic's neutral rewards (half the time), the greater unicorn, and saving Khelavaster, there's a lot of potential corruption removal.

And with autoexplore, the maze isn't half as real-life painful as it used to be.

I did a small testing with the rewards. I killed the emperor 20 times.

He dropped an artifact 2 times.
    He always drops 1 potion of strength.
    He almost always drops 3 or 4 potions of cure corruption, only one time he dropped none.
    He dropped 4 PoGA 1 time, 3 PoGA 2 times, 2 PoGA 2 times, the rest 15 he dropped only 1.
    He never dropped more than 2 spellbooks

While the best drop was: artifact, 1 PoS, 4 PoGA, 3 PoCC and 1 spellbook.
    The average drop seems to be: no artifact, 1 PoS, 1 PoGA, 3 PoCC and 1 spellbook.

Thanks Alpha - I killed him yesterday and he dropped 1 PoStrength, 3 PoCC, and 2 spellbooks (no artifact)

A cautionary tale of "be careful with what you wish for". Perfectly reasonable RFE, quick response from devs, and as a result the maze situation becomes worse .

Emperor still drops game-breaking weapon, but there is now little reason to visit maze if your char does not intend to use it. For me random artefact was the most interesting part of the loot. PoGAs and the corpse are more useful most of the time, but I like surprises. And with 10% chance or so for artefact drop it becomes mostly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    A cautionary tale of "be careful with what you wish for". Perfectly reasonable RFE, quick response from devs, and as a result the maze situation becomes worse .

Emperor still drops game-breaking weapon, but there is now little reason to visit maze if your char does not intend to use it. For me random artefact was the most interesting part of the loot. PoGAs and the corpse are more useful most of the time, but I like surprises. And with 10% chance or so for artefact drop it becomes mostly pointless.
    Pretty much how I feel about it. The maze is now 'Do I want the axe?' Which is fine, I suppose, but since I never want the axe I'll never go anymore.

I'll still go during any ultra run. Sounds reasonable to me.

Well I posted a reply to this thread and somehow it didn't work. Long story short I killed him today and no artifact... which really was the point for me to take the dive there... One guaranteed artifact would be great. The hit on defense from using the axe is wayyy to much for me.

I will go there for the ultimate reward... a special message in my character's accomplishments.