Thread: Yep, All Done! First victory.

Thumbs up Yep, All Done! First victory.

Kouen, the dwarven paladin, saved the world with his brave efforts and became a great ruler.

I did it. I started playing adom over 10 years ago. I admit there was few years pause in between, but finally the day has come. First victory! Took a lot of time. Never really save scummed for real, so had to learn by dying a lot.

Everything went pretty nicely. I started in SMC and dived to HMVI, then did carpenter and puppy cave. I found Mithril Sword of Devastation in HMVI which served me a long time. Then later I got crowned with The Justifier which mades things pretty easy. I didn't really use much ranged combat. Few spells and mainly whacked things down with Justifier. I found one wish by ring dipping and wished for Find Weakness. I screwed up with poison touch corruption and destroyed all my Potions of Cure Corruption, but made it thru D:50 anyways. All temples were easy, at Mana temple the boss got me down to half health, but he didn't last many hits from The Justifier. I had pretty nice DV and PV and Justifier just cut thru everything so easily. I went past last CoC levels fast. I think I was pretty low level attempting D:50, but I had 2x Scrolls of Familiar summoning and Greater Earth Elemental helped a lot also being born on Raven made it even better. I still have the spare scroll. Only used one. Also first game ever I managed to get to the cat lord without killing cats. Feels good.

I would have love to do other things like visit library and maybe minotaur maze, but I already had great equips and didn't want anything destroyed, so I just went with the gate closing. Next time I spend more time exploring and enjoying locations.

I guess I missed quite a few artifacts hehe. I never found Thunderstroke, Crown of Science, Hammer of Gods, Whirlwind and Wyrmlance. There was greater Fire Vault around D:46, but I didn't clear inner section, because my previous paladin died to those wyrms. Guaranteed Ice Queen greater vault was Giants, I cleared it and found Ironfist there.

Some pictures in album:
    http://imgur.com/a/pNIZn

Memorial file:
    kouen.txt

congratulations! trashing your potion store with poison hands is something that everyone does at some point of time.
    Crown of science is a guaranteed one, it's always in the same place.

Oh yeah. I somehow missed Crown of Science, probably because teleportisis in Darkforge. Doesn't really matter. I would have not used it. I'm surprised I only found 1 Ring of Djinni Summoning. I cleared ring shop at D:1 several times and dipped several big stacks of rings into !exchange. I never got barbarian quest done either, my first kill was unfortunately giant rat and at level 15 I didn't find enough of those and didn't feel like going to ID or low level dungeons to grind them.

I guess I can now start focusing on ultra endings and additional content if I roll a good character. I got no more pressure about finishing the game for the first time, I can finally play more relaxed.

Really good logs here! Well done!

Take a visit to the bug temple, sometime, if you're feeling it. It's really nice, if you know what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    I'm surprised I only found 1 Ring of Djinni Summoning. I cleared ring shop at D:1 several times and dipped several big stacks of rings into !exchange.
    I believe shops can only generate danger level appropriate items and you can only ever get 1 ring from dipping1

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
    Thanks for the feedback. I have added ad additional adjustment that just will prevent you from repeatedly creating wishing items by dipping. Thus a normal player can have the excitement and fun of generating such items once, but wish farmers are out of luck.
    But congrats on the win!
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    I believe shops can only generate danger level appropriate items and you can only ever get 1 ring from dipping1
    But congrats on the win!
    Yeah I noticed that later on other thread. I somehow missed that in change log or just forgot. I knew the shop won't generate the ring, but I was gaining big stacks of DL:1 rings for dipping. I even dipped in wrong place anyways, I used DH:2 for dipping.

But thanks. First victory feels so good after years of playing. Second one will be much easier I believe, now that I know what I am facing.