Thread: Change name... duplicate save files?

Default Change name... duplicate save files?

After just recently losing a dwarven druid that got really, really far (level in the mid-30s! 4/5 orbs! actually could kill titans and greater molochs for once! if only I'd at least reached the last temple rather than dying shortly before that, that'd be on par with my longest-running characters I've ever had before this one), I noticed that I had a second character save file... which was just the same character with the name I started him out with, back when he was only level 6 or so, before he was renamed.

I don't remember this happening in previous versions -- whenever I renamed a character it seemed like the save files would also be renamed along with them, though I don't think I did it often enough to be sure.

Anyone else noticed this? This is in r60 I believe (or if not, whichever version was the most recent up for download a couple weeks ago), ASCII mode, playing on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by FnrrfYgmSchnish View Post
    Anyone else noticed this? This is in r60 I believe (or if not, whichever version was the most recent up for download a couple weeks ago), ASCII mode, playing on Windows 10.
    Yes.
    Problem is we didn't have non-steam public release after r60.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)