Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THUS: Discussion

Default THUS: Discussion

The fight to end all fights, the war to end all wars - truly the greatest competition ever known to man! Blood, sweat and tears shall fall as once and for all we determine the most debated fact in ADOM history - just how good is the Treasure Hunter talent? Does it suck or does it rock? 28 men, women and misc shall defend their ideals in a gruelling competition that will strain them to the very limits of their playing skills! So get ready now for TREASURE HUNTER ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN.

This thread is for immature and insulting flamewars only. All reasoned and logical debate should be kept to a minimum. Actual detail of character progress should be posted on either of the two character threads. Links and stats below:

TH Rocks!
    <link>
    14 players: 3 won, 3 playing, 8 dead

TH Sucks! <link>
    14 players: 1 won, 2 playing, 11 dead

Rules:

-You must play your assigned r/c combo with random starsign and random stats.
    -TH supporters must get the talent by level 12, TH denigrators should never get it.
    -Use whatever tactics you like, but you're encouraged to post about them.
    -Post details of your exploits, and most importantly your death. Give the high score info when you die and be sure to describe well your character's bitter fate (so we can demonstrate how you obviously should / shouldn't have picked up Treasure Hunter).
    -Whilst detailed descriptions are nice, full log files of stones, stats and kill lists aren't. Either trim down log files by extreme amounts, or post them to the YASD subforum and post a link to it.
    -Points to each team for every char that beats the Tower, closes the gate successfully or kills Andy. Bonus points for calling people noob fags.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-04-2009 at 09:41 AM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

A little note on r/c generation: I made 14 chars in ADOM and noted their r/c combo. Seems to be a bit of leaning towards dark elves, but oh well. I then used a number generator to assign these to the player names. By some unholy coincidence me and gut got the same r/c combo... Since the TH Sucks team is one member short they missed out on one of the combos - orc druid as it turns out. Scorewise the TH rocks team will vastly outstrip them anyway, so there'll be no need for cries of foul play...

Let the war begin!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    or post them to the YASD subforum and post a link to it.
    I'm confused. I intend to post it in the YAVP subforum. What did I miss? Oh, you are playing for the TH rocks team. My bad.

My post was aimed at all the other n00b fags playing.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

The 'TH sucks' team is going to prove all you heathen
    treasure loving goons what ADOM playing really is.
    It's not about cowardly hiding behind your item stash,
    it's about boldly going where no dark elven elementalist
    has gone before... or whoever of course : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My post was aimed at all the other n00b fags playing.
    ie. your own team?

Grr, I like, almost never play priests. Still, I can say for sure that Grey Elven Priest is definitely one of the RC combos I would never ever, not in a million gazillion arcadian eras, take the useless TH talent with. So its got that going for it.

edit:
    I see Silfir has drawn the TH loving side. Good luck Silfir, may the least stupid choice of early talents *whistles innocently* win.

Incidentally, I know its a tiny sample, but I really do have grave doubts about the randomness of the random character generator sometimes... it just feels as if some RC combos never turn up...
    Last edited by vogonpoet; 03-27-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Ars's exp. level 3 PC hitting a pit viper trap is clearly
    not the fault of the 'TH sucks' philosophy, it's the
    fault of Grey. Somehow.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

A gray elven priest? What is this, kiddy mode? :P
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

furious_styles got the same treatment, so I sense a cosmic balance somewhere However it *is* interesting to note that Ars's supposedly good choice of talents prevailed him nothing - those extra PV and HP from the steel skin line didn't help at all. In short, the alternatives to TH are utterly useless, whilst it's been proven time and again that TH will reap rewards over the course of a longer game.

Greyslayer seems to be doing well so far, though the extra few PP doesn't seem to have lasted its worth long. Soon his nemesis will be born...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer