Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: THUS: TH Rocks Chars

Default THUS: TH Rocks Chars

This is the THUS - TH Rocks Characters thread. All supporters of the holy talent are welcome! Blasphemers should run off to their own thread, or spread their filth in the discussion thread. Post here all details of your progress, deaths and victories. Be sure to read the rules on the Discussion thread before playing! The team members:

Grey - Dark Elven Elementalist (dead - kiled by water dragon, level 21)
    Silfir - Grey Elven Priest (narrowly defeated Tower, level 26)
    F50 - Orc Druid (dead - ochre jelly in Big Room, level 10)
    Aldgar - Dwarf Healer (HK Tomb, level 18)
    tapi - Dark Elven Druid (dead - killed by water dragon after beating Tower, level 21)
    Lich - Dwarf Bard (raided DF, heading for Water Temple)
    psy_wombats - Drakeling Ranger (Closed the Gate!)
    CheatMan - High Elven Beastfighter (dead - critted by skeletal warrior on UD4, level 9)
    Thing - High Elven Necromancer (dead - killed by Nonnak, level 13)
    warheart - Dark Elven Wizard (ULE Victory!)
    3AM - Dark Elven Ranger (turned into a chaos jelly on the ChAoS plane)
    mike - Hurthling Healer (UNE Victory!)
    Per_Killer - Dark Elven Merchant (dead - wilderness encounter, level 5)
    furious styles - Hurthling Thief (dead - pit viper on VD2, level 6)

High Score:

24966552 - Indiana Jones (mike), hurthling healer, advanced to level 50.
    Transformed into an Avatar of Balance after killing Andor Drakon.

11837670 - DEWizard (warheart), dark elven wizard, advanced to level 50, 161689 turns.
    Transformed into an Avatar of Order after slaying Andor Drakon.

8511676 - Ssskcorht (psy_wombats), drakish ranger,advanced to level 35, 93712 turns.
    Left the Drakalor Chain after closing the gate and saving the world.

??????? - 3AM, dark elven ranger, advanced to level 50.
    Transformed into a chaos being after being paralyzed by Andor Drakon.

346203 - Gutfucker, dark elven elementalist, advanced to level 21 and survived for 59391 turns.
    Berserked in darkness by momma water dragon.

249146 - Snakh Barh (tapi), dark elven druid, advanced to level 21 and survived for 76778 turns.
    Drowned by momma water dragon after beating the ToEF.

75011 - Kregor (Thing), high elven necromancer, advanced to level 13, survived for 20967 turns.
    Slaughtered by Nonnak the master necromancer.

17446 - Gotharg hgb (F50), orcish druid, advanced to level 10 and survived for 15582 turns.
    Killed by an ochre jelly in the Big Room.

6698 - THForWin (CheatMan), high elven beastfighter, advanced to level 9, survived for 3571 turns.
    Killed by a skeletal warrior on UD4.

???? - furious_styles, hurthling thief, advanced to level 6.
    Killed by a pit viper on VD2.

???? - Per_Killer, dark elven merchant, advanced to level 5.
    Killed in a mysterious wilderness encounter.
    Last edited by Grey; 05-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Uhm, where am I?

Just to clarify, I signed up way back on the third page of the TH battle thread, post is here. It even had the requisite homophobia and everything.

Damn, sorry man - was worried I might miss someone out. To reject accusations of unfairness I'll have to give you the same r/c combo as someone else. And the RNG says... hurthling thief! Good stuff, everyone knows Bilbo was the greatest treasure hunter of all
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Damn, sorry man - was worried I might miss someone out. To reject accusations of unfairness I'll have to give you the same r/c combo as someone else. And the RNG says... hurthling thief! Good stuff, everyone knows Bilbo was the greatest treasure hunter of all
    Thanks for adding me in. Hurthling thief, eh? To be honest, R/C is pretty inconsequential here, I have Treasure Hunter so I'm virtually guaranteed a win.

I started. Got candle, so three starting talents. Got TH right away. Despite ridiculous healing rate, future looks bleak, as he has a black ring and no damage output to speak of. Took druid and puppy quests, took off ridiculously weak armor and went to SMC w/ true berserk to die. =P Found stairs and a gray altar on UD: 1. Converted and went to work on live sacs. Seems black ring isn't doom, as I'm not getting hit like crazy. Herb level below, so incidentally made many live sacs while farming it. Was thinking precrown when I got my first real scare. Imminent danger spawned a revenant who ended up one one side of me while some mobs blocked my escape on the other. Luckily I had enough PV from TH items to kill the mobs and tangle him up in webs, escaping to UD: 2.

Code:
    #############               ###########################################
       #..""...../.#               #|................................/.......#
       #.<"".....#.#################|###############################.#.......#
       #.........#.....#...|./.................................&#37;.....#.......#
       ###############.#...|.###.#####################################.......#
                     #./.....#...#                                   #.......#
           ######### ###.....#.###                                   #.......#
           #.......#   #...../.#                                     #.......#
           #.......#####/#######               #########             #########
           #.......#.....#                     #.......#
           #.......#.###########################.......###############
           #......./...@......................./.......+.............#
           #########################################################.# #########
                                                                   #.# #.......#
                                                                   #.###....>..#
                                                                   #..%........#
                                                                   #############

Indiana       St:10  Le: 6  Wi:15  Dx:24  To:24  Ch:12  Ap: 7  Ma:11  Pe:13 N+
    DV/PV: 37/14   H: 126(126)    P: 45(45)      Exp: 10/10762      UD: 2 Sp: 88
    Satiated Strained Coward
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Indiana    St:10  Le: 6  Wi:15  Dx:24  To:24  Ch:12  Ap: 7  Ma:11  Pe:13  N+
    DV/PV: 37/14   H: 126(126)   P: 45(45)   Exp: 10/10762   M: 4285
                                      Inventory
    Total weight: 1159 stones                Carrying capacity: 1000 stones

Head          : uncursed leather cap [+0, +2]                          [5s]
    Neck          : -
    Body          : elven chain mail [+0, +5]                             [10s]
    Girdle        : -
    Cloak         : uncursed hooded cloak (+1, +1) [+1, +0]               [40s]
    Right Hand    : uncursed orcish knife of the void (+2, 1d3+2)         [10s]
    Left Hand     : uncursed small adamantium shield [+5, +0]             [36s]
    Right Ring    : cursed black ring                                      [1s]
    Left Ring     : -
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : uncursed gloves [+0, +2]                               [6s]
    Boots         : -
    Missile weapon: -
    Missiles      : heap of 10 rocks (+0, 1d4)                            [50s]
    Tool          : -

Started my Dwarven Healer, got Cup Starsign.

Only one starting talent, so Alert it is.

Luckily, I start with decent stats(17 St/16 Le/16 Wi/12 Dx/24 To/9 Ch/11Ap/Ma 13), so I should be fine...I hope.

First kill was an orc.

Took druid, sheriff, puppy quests and entered PC.

AND TH awarded me for my choice!

I found red leather armor of rage +0,+2 on PC 2!

Potion shop (w/ orcish shopkeeper) on PC 3.
    Amulet of perseverance Wi+1 found on PC 3.

Gray pool on PC 4. Not wanting to tempt the RNG, I leave it alone(for now).

Reached lvl 9, got TH. Descended to PC 6 and saved, since I have no more time right now.
    Last edited by Aldgar; 03-27-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Since editing somehow seems to take *ages* to load, I'll post a new reply instead, since I'm short on time.

Resumed play on PC 6, found cute puppy, named him "TH rocks", brought him back to Terinyo.

One quest done, tiny girl happy.

Reached lvl 6 in the Puppy cave, so no raider lord kill for me - maybe if I have a spare wish sometime.

Entered DD, fell into pit viper trap on DD1.

Currently fighting them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I killed the pit vipers, the last one dropped a spellbook of magic map, which I successfully read(got 21 castings at ~70 pp each).
    I eventually found a spear and equipped it in lieu of my trusty warhammer, but alas - the spear was cursed.
    Descended to DD6, decided to leave the druid alone until I have a lightsource.

Left, entered ID to look for some decent equipment.
    door explosion trap shredded my precious red leather armor of rage.

After diving to ID6, and then ascending back up, I leave the ID at level 9.
    I have currently 112 HP, 20 DV/7 PV. The ID dive netted a whip, a few unid'd scrolls, an unid'd 'opal amulet', and an amulet of perseverance +3.

Went to visit bandit town, checked the shop.
    Found:
    Tower shield +7/+3
    Potion of Cure Corruption

I chugged the potion of invisibility I found in my inventory and stole the tower shield, PoCC, a potion of booze, two potions of water, a potion of invisibility and two scrolls of identify.
    After selling some junk, I had 2798 gp. Thus, I decided to visit the potion shop on PC 3.

There, I drank the stolen potion of invisibility and attempted to rob the shop as well, but failed -the darned orcish shopkeeper spotted me as I picked the *first* potion up.
    Oh well.
    Bought two potions of training(trained cooking and literacy) and a potion of troll blood. Cost: ~1500gp. Damn orcs.

Went over to the CoC. Lawful Altar on D1, very close to the stairs up.
    Identified by stuff, blessed a scroll of uncursing. Nothing impressive, the opal amulet turned out to be an amulet of petrification resistance.

A necromancer appeared, summoned a bunch of undead. Killed them all, one zombie dropped a spellbook. Failed to read it, decided not to bother. Encountered a Blink dog, tamed it with 8 bones obtained from the recently slain undead, descended to D2.
    Blink dog turned hostile on D2 for no reason whatsoever(you feel a change of mind in a being close to you), and attacked me. I killed it, no summons, no corpses generated. Darn.
    ---------------------------------

FOUND AN ADAMANTIUM SPEAR OF PENETRATION on D6!!!
    Last edited by Aldgar; 03-27-2009 at 12:57 PM.

So. Hurthling thief. I roll the utterly, utterly useless Wand starsign. Initial St is 6. Initial max HP is 15. I have no Healing skill and no healing items. I have 2 PV from gear. Things look bleak.

First two talents are Alert, Miser. To Terinyo, quests and rations. To the village dungeon. I painstakingly kill weak mobs one at a time, marvelling at the hilarious fragility of my PC - going toe-to-toe with an orc presents a real danger of death. I keep ducking back out onto the wilderness map whenever I get beaten up and waiting on the VD entrance square until I'm healed again. I use Detect Traps on every door as triggering any trap would be an instakill.

Eventually I level to 6 in this fashion, taking Treasure Hunter (hooray!) and then Healthy along the way. Healthy is not quite as helpful as I had imagined - it seems a 20% increase to basically no healing is still basically no healing. However, I have ~30 hitpoints now - a veritable tank! - and am no longer cowarding away from skeletons in mortal terror. I descend to VD:2 and clear it, levelling to 7.

Down one more level to VD:3. I clear half the level then see a pit viper in the distance. I'm in a long corridor, so there's no way to evade it - the only option is to run back the way I came. An orc has spawned behind me, and as I whack away at it, the pit viper closes in. Bam, poisoned, and when you have 30 HP and no Healing, that's a death sentence. I use my prayers, but it's futile - game over.

Started on server. Got wand so char will be neutral for mid-late game then I guess. De Druid, quite good combination I guess, although this the first spellcaster char that I've played in over 3 years.. plan: kill bandit, generate smc, id leveling for a while.

Starting stats:

Snakh Barh St:13 Le:13 Wi:14 Dx:16 To:12 Ch:11 Ap:15 Ma:24 Pe:20 N+
    DV/PV: 13/2 H: 19(19) P: 35(35) Exp: 1/0 DrCh Sp: 101