PDA

View Full Version : Need some sugestions on getting to L+

Rogue
03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Working on a ULE for a high elf archer. I've been at lvl 50 with a L alignment for sometime. Haven't been crowned yet. Done all the quests I can think of and have all the orbs. Can't seem to raise my piety by much with anything I do. Scrolls of balance show me in the low 2000 range. I've been trolling around in the lower dragon caves killing off ancient blue dragons. Testing shows I only get one point for each kill(greater moloch's are worth about 3pts each). I've also done some testing with sacrifices. I seem to be at a point where saccing items gives no increase. Same for amulet of order and self flagellation. Live sacs give a few points depending on the monster.

Any suggestions on getting to L+ would be greatly appreciated. I can easily finish the game at this point, but would prefer to do it in Ultra style.

Mobius
03-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Healing neutral monsters that are injured works. Just don't injure them yourself.

JellySlayer
03-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Healing neutral monsters that are injured works. Just don't injure them yourself.

Yeah, this is probably the easiest way. Just bring a pet to the ToEF (top level always causes damage, bottom three might not) and spam cure light wounds on them.

Qui
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Go to Lawe, lure a beggar to the house, have him stuck between you and closed door, force-feed him gold.

(does it still work?)

Blasphemous
03-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Get Hawkslayer to join you, go to the water cave, heal him.

Mobius
03-03-2014, 10:13 PM
It's amazing how so much of the way to become lawful is to lure the innocent into danger and use magic to repair the damage you inflicted!

Stingray1
03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
L+? So boring.

Rogue
03-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the advice. I made it to L+. All suggestions were good. Only one I could use was healing a pet in Toef. Hawkslayer was dead already, no beggars to be found. Fortunately I had a green worm that I'd left behind in the unicorn glade from an earlier rotting flesh corruption. Glad I saved him. Took almost 300 castings of cure light wounds to bump up to L+. Had to use a wish to get more spell books, but worth it..........Thanks all, finishing game up now.