[Suggestion] Ghost Lords / Kings should give more XP
issueid=1408 12-10-2012 07:37 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Carter: 20
[Suggestion] Ghost Lords / Kings should give more XP

Recently playing through a game as a melee character and had the misfortune to stumble upon a threatening room of ghost kings. My character was a drakeling, which mean that this was literally a death room, as soon as i stumbled upon i I had to hit a wand and GTFO out of there.

made me think, mobs like ghost kings / lords are literally, one-two hits and you are stone cold dead with anything other than a elf. However the experience for killing such a dangerous foe is actually very low.

My suggestion is the experience should be according to the risk: high for a troll, low for an elf. A ghost king is actually, far, far more dangerous than even a greater moloch, so the experience should be around the same level.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1408
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-18-2012 12:05 AM
The Creator
Adjusted the XP for the short-lived races.

12-18-2012 12:19 AM
Ancient Member
I might suggest this needs to be slightly reconsidered. No ghost-kin currently see invisible (and for the love of god, please don't change this! it's a much needed weakness for short-lived races), so they are now potentially an easy way to get nice exp for wanding them to death (really depends on how exp is adjusted of course) while invisible. Of course, I have no suggestion of my own here, this is just something to consider.

12-18-2012 12:47 AM
Ancient Member
I believe that monsters will now attack invisible PCs who shoot bolts/wands at them...

12-18-2012 02:05 AM
Ancient Member
Wanding to death whilst invis is a luxury method of attack that relies on limited consumables. Wizards will have an easy time with ghosts now but other characters will still be hard-pressed to deal with a threat room of ghost lords. Besides there are similar "abuses" (aka clever play) for molochs. I think this is great change that will make senior ghosts a more interesting risk vs reward encounter.

+ Reply