Chaos Knight Alignment Issues
issueid=1630 01-03-2013 05:33 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by JellySlayer: 114
Chaos Knight Alignment Issues
Being Lawful/Neutral is too beneficial for Chaos Knights compared to Chaotic

At present, Chaos Knights have some pretty severe gameplay restrictions for having a chaotic alignment--they can't get basically any of the early quests, can't pass the Eternal Guardian without fighting, etc. Upon switching to Neutral (which is a bit of work, but not insurmountable), all of these disadvantages immediately go away, and you can pretty much play as normal, as long as you have a bit of fire resistance to deal with the damage taken from being misaligned. I think this is a little too severe--the penalties for being C as a Chaos Knight are far too large compared to being N or L.

What I'd suggest:
-Allow chaotic Chaos Knights access to some of the quests that they currently can't. Eternal Guardian in particular stands out as a very nasty one. As does not allowing them to do Village Dungeon for Healing (IMHO, this should be changed to allow Chaos Knights to access the VD via the Hotzenplotz quest).

OR

-Change it so that N and L Chaos Knights also can't access many/all of these quests.

OR

-Increase the penalties for Chaos Knights being L and N. Perhaps their class powers are only active while C.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1630
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-04-2013 12:02 AM
I find the idea of a lawful or neutral chaos knight to be pretty silly. Maybe a difficult new quest could be added that allows them to change alignment later in the game but otherwise it's impossible.

01-04-2013 01:07 AM
Quote Originally Posted by tootboot
I find the idea of a lawful or neutral chaos knight to be pretty silly. Maybe a difficult new quest could be added that allows them to change alignment later in the game but otherwise it's impossible.
To borrow from The Wheel of Time, "No man can stand in the Shadow so long that he cannot find the Light again". Chaos Knights should be capable of changing alignment. But they should lose their chaos advantages.

I wouldn't mind seeing some special quest added that Chaos Knights can undertake, that allow them to overcome their Chaos nature entirely, gaining a new set of class powers and no longer being destroyed by closing the gate... but with a LOT of danger in the quest - this could result in its own special ending, perhaps.

01-04-2013 01:28 AM
I'm in favor of making chaos knight class powers only active while C.

01-10-2013 07:08 PM
The Creator
All class powers now are lost once chaos nights lose chaotic alignment. Later on we might consider some redemption quest. Suggestions welcome. In a separate ticket ;-)

01-10-2013 07:37 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
All class powers now are lost once chaos nights lose chaotic alignment. Later on we might consider some redemption quest. Suggestions welcome. In a separate ticket ;-)
Hmm. There is a redemption quest already. It's called 'closing the gate'.

On the other hand, perhaps saving Khelevaster with -redacted- will open up some added double-agent sort of mode for them.
Already folks have to game their alignment to complete the Ultimate Endings anyway.

02-14-2013 03:36 AM
Which version is the new behavior implemented in? It doesn't say either here or on the changelog.

02-14-2013 06:23 AM
Administrator
It was fixed in Prerelease 9. I'll add it to the changelog later.

+ Reply