Allow higher level PC's to control teleportation in darkforge
issueid=2080 04-03-2013 05:56 PM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
Allow higher level PC's to control teleportation in darkforge

it's use as a shortcut to the surface is compromised by the current behaviour, might also interfere with the promised ultimate nihilist ending (though I find that one of the more lame ideas in the history of mankind). Perhaps allowing PC's starting from level 25 and up should be able to control their teleportation direction in this place. I understand the measures are in place to prevent a darkforge raid. Perhaps it should simply not be possible to teleport in to or out of an equipment room there.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2080
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 13
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-07-2013 04:24 AM
Ancient Member
It would be nice if killing Kherab let you control teleportation there.

04-07-2013 04:58 AM
Ancient Member
I think Grond's solution is fair enough.

04-10-2013 01:08 AM
The level restriction solution sounds like a good one. I would have thought, though, that instead of removing teleport control in the first place it would have made more sense to make Darkforge a level that can't be teleported around at all -- like in the elemental temples, cat lord level and the basement of the TotHK. After all, it seems that the level was designed for the PC to have to fight through all the steel golems, and teleporting past them into the treasure rooms (a.k.a. the Darkforge Raid) was regarded as something of a 'sneaky tactic'. The way things currently works still means that a PC with teleportitis that has no intentions of doing the 'raid' can get shot off to the exit corridor and surrounded by golems, which is hardly fair even if the PC is equipped with tactics for taking out the golems one by one.

04-10-2013 03:25 AM
Ancient Member
Alternative solution: Teleport control works properly once the PC deals with the eternal guardian.

04-10-2013 03:37 PM
Ancient Member
Alternate 3:
The more sources of teleport control the player has, the better chance of control.

1? 1/2
2? 3/4
3? 7/8

Heck, maybe TC should not be perfect everywhere. Just that some levels it's better than others. (which will kill you dead in shops if you're unlucky.)

04-10-2013 06:36 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
Alternate 3:
The more sources of teleport control the player has, the better chance of control.

1? 1/2
2? 3/4
3? 7/8
This sounds good because you'd at least have a chance to do an early raid.

01-23-2014 05:35 PM
Lift the prohibition on teleport if the PC can grab the crown of science... say, maybe that evil artifact was causing teleports to misfire there.

01-23-2014 06:03 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
Alternative solution: Teleport control works properly once the PC deals with the eternal guardian.
This. If PC is at the stage where he/she can use the shortcut from D:32 then teleportation should be allowed in DF.

01-23-2014 09:30 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Grond
It would be nice if killing Kherab let you control teleportation there.
I prefer this idea to all others. Kherab is a very tough opponent and most of the time players don't have much motivation to kill him, this would provide an incentive.

And let me add: for chaotics, completing his quests should also make him lift the teleport restriction.

01-26-2014 09:14 AM
The Creator
I have lifted the teleport restriction once Kherab is killed. Lifting the restrictions once you fulfill his quests doesn't sound site logical to me - why would he want to increase the chance of raids on his storage rooms just because you have done a couple of things for him? If he wanted you to gain more stuff he'd give it to you directly...

01-26-2014 02:28 PM
Ancient Member
Yes, that's logical. I think lifting the restriction when Kherab dies is a good solution.

+ Reply