No more animations after buying stuff in the HMV
issueid=3029 05-31-2014 08:49 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by GordonOverkill: 9
No more animations after buying stuff in the HMV
Just like the title says.

It just happened for the second time for me that after buying stuff at the HMV shop there were no more movement animations untill I left the village. Not 100% but I think that both times I bought an amulet of rapid healing. After leaving the village everything went back to normal again. I have caught the situation on video, just in case that's helpful. The first time was during an older prerelease, the secoind time was p23.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3029
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-31-2014 02:42 PM
I've had that happen just about every time, though usually I'm only selling things at the shop. I've noticed that if I remove the focus from ADOM (i.e., clicking on my web browser, and then back to ADOM) the animation starts back up again.

Additionally, I think I had it happen in the old barbarian's glade once, though I'm not sure what triggered it there...

06-01-2014 08:02 AM
This affects me as well, it's on the first visit just after selling a bunch of items. I can't seem to reproduce it until a new character.

07-07-2014 09:10 PM
Administrator
I can confirm that there is a problem... it happened to me twice already while just walking around.

Update: I'm closing in on the problem... guess what, it's related to the sound routine. ;)

07-07-2014 10:18 PM
Administrator
Fixed.

The sound routine starts a random new music track once the current one is finished. There were two problems in HMV that lead to the animation problem:

- no music track was configured for HMV (in sound.cfg), so the sound routine re-tried to find a new one very often (without result)
- the sound routine was using handle_game_event() instead of handle_game_event_music(), so a global game event (GE_MAP_CHANGED) was triggered which removed the current animation information

+ Reply