Cannot move several times by pressing arrow key
issueid=3236 07-25-2014 05:55 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
Cannot move several times by pressing arrow key

In the classic versions of ADOM, if I hold for example the right arrow, my character keeps moving right (and attacking whatever is there) while I keep the key present.

In the latest NotEye version, this is also the case if I press a number key (e.g. 6 for right).

However, if I use the arrow keys, the character only moves once, when I release the key. This is not very comfortable.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3236
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r49
Fixed Version ADOM r58
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

07-25-2014 08:42 PM
Edit: This is an issue for me too. Dis regard my other post. I am stupid.

Sorry Al

07-25-2014 09:13 PM
Ancient Member
Hmm, strange. But do you have a numpad? I mean the arrow keys that are not in the numpad. The ones that just have up, down, left and right arrow. (I was playing on a laptop)

07-25-2014 10:56 PM
So yea. I checked again. The numpad on the keyboard works for holding down but the arrow keys do not.

07-25-2014 11:25 PM
I checked this on my laptop, also with Win7 64 bit - the numpad works fine, while the arrow keys result in only one move, upon key release.

01-08-2015 04:53 PM
Did this bug get missed?

E.g - large room or vault with weak monsters, you have to tap the arrow keys hundreds of times. Its definitely an issue for people that don't have numpads.

06-20-2015 09:15 AM
Ancient Member
Should be fixed for r58. Although I think that a real fix here should be to add some kind of a repeat command, so you are not killed by a powerful monster coming from the other side.

+ Reply