Wierd behavior of colored messages
issueid=3592 02-05-2015 11:40 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Wierd behavior of colored messages

This is ASCII mode without noteye.

In some situations, colored messages will overlap normal gray text.
It's probably related to issue #3590

Character in question is an N- CK with Law skill, slaying Ancient Blue Wyrm with a bow and gaining level up in that weapon skill:
This is what I got on default color settings:

Code:
You exactly hit Srraxxarrakex, the ancient blue wyrm and kill him. You feel as
if behaving in proper form. the 'Bows' weapon category to level 1.
This is exactly as it appeared in the game. I guess the part about bows has been overlapped by the Law skill related message but the whole line still got the blue color tag.
There is a case where in the exact same turn, the message about burning pain in the stomach appears in the middle and further confuses the meaning, when 3 messages actually overlap in a single line - burning pains, bows level up and behaving in proper form.
What is interesting is that message log doesn't display any information about 'bows' getting a level up, but the blue color is still there.

Some screenshots attached.

EDIT: Ooops, I no longer have the save file but I think this can be reproduced with any monster in a similar situation.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3592
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r55
Fixed Version ADOM r60
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

08-11-2015 06:01 PM
Ancient Member
This keeps happening even more frequently in R59 from what I have seen so far, sometimes with an extra line of spacing.

08-12-2015 10:53 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

08-16-2015 03:08 PM
Ancient Member
Not sure if it's related to the same problem, but I'm just playing an elven monk who gets a double message whenever he increases his weapon skills. Something like:

"You exactly hit the rat and kill it right away! You improve your skill in the 'Thrown rocks & [next]
clubs' weapon group to level 3.
skill in the 'Thrown rocks & clubs' weapon group to level 3."

In the message buffer the ther double message doesn't appear.

+ Reply