NPCs can still grab artifacts on the ground
issueid=4414 08-22-2016 11:23 PM
Number of reported issues by unholy: 11
NPCs can still grab artifacts on the ground
Should prevent NPCs to grab artifacts (not including monsters)

Hi,

As you can read there :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/333300...8516946269333/

NPC can still grab artifacts although it was supposed to be changed at some point (at least Jellyslayer thinks so and I do too).

This case was an extreme example of that (Khelly taking back the trident, as well as the medal and crown....).

Also it was weird to do a L+ ultra after killing Khelly......
Issue Details
Issue Number 4414
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r67 (v2.2.1)
Fixed Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-23-2016 12:50 PM
The Creator
Actually NPCs can pick up artifacts. There are some artifact drops that won't be picked up by monsters but usually only until you picked them. If you leave stuff lying around on your own intention I do not see why other beings in the game should not take that stuff.

Khelevaster might be discussable... but he saw the trident lying around and maybe thought "Better take it myself before some evil person makes use of it". So I'm not 100% sure about this request.

08-23-2016 07:18 PM
Following this logic Kelly should be giving the trident to PC... But the only way to get items picked up by NPCs in ADOM is killing. There should be some kind of balance...

If it does make sense to pick artifacts this way - maybe it worth adding a new way to get them back e.g. in such special cases like Kelly+Trident, haggling, chatting and persuading them with your Charisma and Appearance?

08-24-2016 11:36 PM

08-28-2016 11:54 AM
The Creator
@Aerol: I have checked the code once more in conjunction with ticket 1821. It's actually like I said above: Once you put items into your backup the "can't be picked up by monsters" flag is reset. The idea being that if you leave something voluntarily behind later on it's freely available.

I have added a new special case for Kelly and the TotRR. Additionally I actually fixed a rare bug that might cause some items to be picked up although they shouldn't be (I doubt that this was the case here but it was a weird special case).

+ Reply