issueid=5664 11-12-2017 10:13 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Some nerf to blood-sucking items would be in order

Here's the version of the artifact I received when I got it originally:
jet-black dagger (+6, 4d4+6) {Dx+9}

Here's how it looks after a while:
jet-black dagger (+6, 4d4+22) [+10, +27] {Dx+20}

While the PV was unnaturally boosted due to the wrong stat incease bug (already reported), I think flat +10 stat increase that doesn't go away seems a bit too powerful.

I precrowned as LN with it and didn't get my alignment change for all the draining I did, so there's no incentive to not use them as far as I can see.

I've notice that the increases start to become rarer which is a fair mechanic. However, I'm still getting occasional increases at this point.

I think some nerf might be in order:
1) Either they should decay over time
2) Or it should have detrimental effect on alignment, stats or something else.

EDIT: It also seems that the dagger is getting PV/DV increases for no reason as it's not supposed to get them (GID doesn't have the messages for block/parry).
Issue Details
Issue Number 5664
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (NotEye)
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.0
Implemented Version ADOM 3.0.1
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-13-2017 12:35 AM
The Creator
Wow, I really messed up an important part of the mechanic. Actually the dagger is one of the items with a really fast progression - but right now it is giving too many bonusses.

Fixed.

11-13-2017 02:46 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Wow, I really messed up an important part of the mechanic. Actually the dagger is one of the items with a really fast progression - but right now it is giving too many bonusses.

Fixed.
FWIW, I'm experimenting with precrowning and it seems like other blood-sucking items (tested Masher, whip, Arak's Guard, Headsman axe) also increase all of their stats regardless of what Greater ID seems to mention.

11-13-2017 08:41 AM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_
FWIW, I'm experimenting with precrowning and it seems like other blood-sucking items (tested Masher, whip, Arak's Guard, Headsman axe) also increase all of their stats regardless of what Greater ID seems to mention.
Yup, it was a general bug in the blood sucking stuff.

+ Reply