Animals Shouldn't Drop Money
issueid=855 03-21-2012 10:27 PM
Number of reported issues by mtyson: 2
Animals Shouldn't Drop Money
This is a pet peeve - animals shouldn't drop coins

And probably not other items that don't make sense either (ie, wolves shouldn't drop broadswords).

Its hard to visualize where the gold coins were stored on that large bat :P
Issue Details
Issue Number 855
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-22-2012 02:17 AM
Clearly, the only solution is to make all currency in the Kingdom be meat. I mean, ADoM.

Admittedly, the thought of hacking EVERYTHING I come across into bits so small that we don't get icons for them kind of amuses me. Except for the ones that are pretty much entire corpses, and therefore edible. No sir, no eating just half a cow for me! It's all or nothing!

03-22-2012 05:13 PM
I sort of agree with this. Maybe only creatures who are capable of picking up items or using equipment should be capable of dropping anything. As a means of compensation, maybe the corpse-drop chance for animals could be increased, making them a more valuable food resource vs. humanoids.

03-24-2012 01:52 AM
Y'all are just jealous that jackals have more money than you, Nearsighted's idea seems like a good compromise... as long as kangaroos can still drop coins and wool mittens

03-24-2012 12:10 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ironcash
Y'all are just jealous that jackals have more money than you, Nearsighted's idea seems like a good compromise... as long as kangaroos can still drop coins and wool mittens
Coins and wool mittens? To what are you referring? It rings a bell.

I agree, compromises are nice.

03-24-2012 01:16 PM
I still want to see being able to [p]rocess an animal/insect corpse for, say, claws/fangs/horns/pelts and other materials . . . which could then be sold, or used to make arms/armor.

+ Reply