Remove hostile trigger when auto swapping places with anyone (or at least anyone important)
issueid=4478 09-23-2016 08:48 PM
Number of reported issues by HolySpellswordFrank: 3
Remove hostile trigger when auto swapping places with anyone (or at least anyone important)

Today, I was playing a drakeling elementalist, and when trying to receive Smithing from Glod, I accidentally walked into and automatically swapped places with him. The message "Glod, the dwarven weaponsmith doesn't like being pushed around" appeared and he became hostile. Now I don't have a readily accessible way to learn Smithing, remove rust, and fix broken weapons for a fee. Also, it gave me the notion that you could lose important quests when unintentionally making them hostile. Thus, I request that NPC's never become hostile when you swap places with them, or at least give a warning that the monster doesn't like being pushed around and only make it hostile on at least the 2nd swap. For a safeguard, also disable auto-swap for that particular monster/NPC when you get the warning message.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4478
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r60
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-24-2016 09:44 AM
Ancient Member
Because of other recent changes to the game, imo this is sorely needed. The problem is:

1 Auto-swap is enabled by default
2 swapping with dwarves in DT will pretty soon make one of them angry
3 angering a random dwarf in DT makes the shopkeeper angry, too
4 Selling a couple of SI's to Waldenbrook will nowadays turn him into an invincible deity of destruction.

Result of all of this: if you just play with default behavior and sell a few si's to Waldenbrook, you're likely to get destroyed by a coin in the head for hundreds of damage. Because you tried to walk through Dwarftown.

This is really off-putting and player-unfriendly. Something must be changed. The feature that random NPC's can become angry because of swapping places is maybe funny, but it makes auto-swap too dangerous to use.

Note that there IS a workaround: if you turn off auto-swap and equip two shields, you can still walk through Dwarftown quickly and without being constantly interrupted by "really attack the dwarf child? Y/N". And without any danger of angering anyone and getting insta-gibbed by an OP shopkeeper.

But it is a little silly that you have to equip the shields every time when all you want to do is walk through a friendly town, especially when there is a default game feature that is supposed to have the same effect.

09-24-2016 10:41 AM
I think this has been raised in another issue, but I'll reiterate that I think the chance of turning hostile should be zero if the creature is initially friendly. Or at the very least, the chance should be zero for friendly creatures in town levels.

09-27-2016 12:10 PM

+ Reply